Manager, Engineering Tech Support (Tier2 IN Converged Charging)
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Manager, Engineering Tech Support (Tier2 IN Converged Charging)
Serves as a leader to Second Level (Tier 2) Technical Support Engineers in support of the T-Mobile IN and Charging Solutions.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Qualifications
- Strong understanding of relevant 3GPP and RFC specifications for the supported network elements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices in a Wireless Network Operator environment.
- 5 years technical development, test or technical support role within telecommunications industry.
- 3 years experience in operations and maintenance of a large wireless operator network.
- 2+ years hands on experience leading troubleshooting efforts and experience as a people manager.
- Experienced in customer trouble ticket handling and software audit is a plus. Good understanding of the tools like Splunk, AppDynamics/Iris, Netscout along with UNIX, Linux understanding is desired.
- 2+ year experience with network equipment for the relevant Ericsson SDP, OCC, CCN, Converged Charging Solution, MSS, IMS and Real Time Rating equipment manufacturer.
- In depth knowledge on functional and capacity testing for SCAPV2, CAMEL, Mobile Application Part (MAP), ISDN user part (ISUP), Intelligent Network Application Protocol (INAP). Knowledge on Load Sharing, Message Transfer Part (MTP2) and (MTP3), F5 load balancer, DNS along with Ro, Sy, Gy, Gx, CIP-IP interfaces.
- Strong understanding of the GSM/Charging Systems/Re-rating network architecture and its related protocols, specially related to Converged Charging Solutionsand its interworking with other network elements.
- 2+ years hands on experience managing vendors to contractual service levels
- Understanding of operational requirements to maintain telecom/data center hardware and software
- Experience in data center environments and monitoring techniques
- Bachelor Degree. Technical Discipline.
- Or equivalent experience
License or Certification
Relevant equipment certification
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium.Essential Functions
- Coaches and develops the Tier 2 Technical Support organization, fostering a team environment and a culture of excellence. Works with senior manager to define quarterly goals and complete quarterly performance, coaching, and career development reviews.
- Provides technical direction to employees and peers to expedite the investigation and resolution of software and hardware issues within the T-Mobile network. Drives long-term design improvements with peers in Network Design to ensure resolution of chronic network issues. Manages vendor relationships to ensure Service Level Agreements for network fault resolution are maintained.
- Ensures that the T-Mobile Release Planning quality standards are maintained for all new service releases entering the T-Mobile network. When required, facilitates training to develop the skills of the T-Mobile front-line technicians and engineers.
- Approves network changes in accordance with the T-Mobile Change Management policy.
- Ensures that network outages are investigated thoroughly and appropriate corrections are put in place to prevent reoccurrence.
- Defines and monitors metrics to maximize network performance and to ensure systems have adequate capacity to support projected subscriber growth rates.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top