Manager, Engineering RF Deployment
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comManager, Engineering RF Deployment
Manages a market team of individual contributors responsible for RF optimization and design of the GSM/UMTS/LTE network. Works closely with other managers in the market to help ensure alignment for the market and that each department is supported. Responsible for supporting the sales organization and addressing customer affecting issues. Responsible for setting annual and quarterly goals for the team. Conducts quarterly performance reviews and provides real-time coaching and mentoring.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience with the ability to direct resources according to established policies and management guidelines; ability to lead and conduct planning/resource management. Managing up to 4-6 direct reports
- 5+ years’ experience with Radio Frequency (RF) Planning Tools and the Site Design Process.
- 10+ years with Strong GSM/UMTS/LTE Base Station Subsystem/Optimization experience.
- Ability to interface with cross-functional team members to gain the support required to accomplish team goals/tasks.
- Uses discretion during assessment of area goals and objectives; required to properly assess magnitude of issues, resource requirements, etc.
- Considers team diversity during coaching, work assignments, etc.
- Ability to determine proper information to provide to market RF staff.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, and multitask.
- Ability to plan schedules and prioritize workload.
- 7+ year with the proven ability to delegate, motivate people, problem-solve, troubleshoot, manage time, exercise authority, resolve conflicts.
- 5+ years with the proven ability to create strategies and implement tactics in order to successfully achieve goals; ability to plan ahead to determine the needs of the team for achieving targets.
- Proficiency in overall Radio Frequency Design and Performance tools (Asset, Actix, OSS, etc) and the databases associated with them (InSite, SORT, etc)
- Knowledge of Radio Access Network Theory, coverage / quality and capacity management, solutions on how to improve network performance and customer experience
- Ability to solve problems using available tools; understand escalation procedures and use resources to resolve issues.
- Very good understanding of the E911 provisioning, validation and testing requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree. Technical degree
- In lieu of BS/BA degree equivalent experience in wireless industry may be considered.
License or Certification
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 71 million wireless subscribers.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking – not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Essential Functions
- Has overall responsibility for the design, optimization, and performance of the network and ensures consistency within the department. Works with subordinates to maximize coverage and capacity while minimizing cost. Manages the relationship between the market, Region, and local departments in the market.
- Manages staffing of unit or department, including interviewing and selection. Uses the regional supplied goals to help set annual and quarterly goals for team to achieve market and regional KPI targets. Establishes operational assignments and work assignments for direct reports. Mentors staff to achieve personal and professional growth. Performs quarterly performance reviews and provides feedback.
- Interfaces with Sales and Customer care team. Provides support and technical assistance as necessary so the Sales and Care teams can best service our customers. Works with Sales on large scale prospects and provides all necessary support to add customers. Coordinates coverage plans with sales leadership to best align investment with opportunity.
- Supports Senior Manager/Area Director with financial management and promotes fiscal responsibility.
- Works with federal, state and local jurisdictions to insure regulatory and zoning compliance.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top