Manager, Engineering Ntwk Ops Ctr (Video NOC - TX or WA)
Manager, Engineering Ntwk Ops Ctr (Video NOC)
**This position can be based in either Frisco, TX or Snoqualmie, WA.
This position oversees the day-to-day activities of a Network Operations Center (NOC) shift necessary to ensure smooth operation of the network. Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of the NOC staff in order to provide surveillance and service/performance restoration of each network node to insure optimal service is provided to T-Mobile's subscribers at all times. The Engineering NOC Manager will also provide team direction; prioritize workload and resources to meet objectives; proactively maintain the integrity of the network; develop both short and long term goals for their assigned group; oversee project management; actively participate in budget management, coordinate the development of standards with their peers, develop and issue reports and notifications, and lead major network recovery efforts. An engineering NOC manager plays a catalyst role in building a strong team by utilizing routine coaching sessions and assisting with progressive career development progress, and establishing training requirements for their team in conjunction with the leaders of the NOC organization. The position interacts with market, regional and national departments to assist in developing new tools, processes, and planning/scheduling workload execution. A NOC manager promotes a healthy work environment and is the voice of the front line employee. The position requires a solid leader with good active listening skills and is ultimately accountable to both internal and external customers for the results his/her team delivers.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of NOC technicians (prioritizes workloads, resource planning, overseeing daily/weekly activities, approve time, etc.) to achieve Network Trouble Management (NTM) standards compliance and network reliability metrics (Service Level Agreement (SLA), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), alarm recovery, Channel Service availability, etc.). Monitors quantity and quality of work performed by NOC technicians.
- Coaches and develops direct reports, fostering a team environment and a culture of excellence. Conducts ongoing coaching and career development with direct reports (bi-weekly/monthly 1-1 coaching, quarterly reviews, quarterly goal-setting, etc.). Promotes rewards and recognition programs.
- Ensures compliance with and adherence to all T-Mobile policies and procedures including all internal NOC procedures.
- Promotes fiscal responsibility. Actively manages operational expenses (overtime, reward and recognition, training) and ensures that all work stations, displays, and applications, and the general NOC environment is maintained or faults are reported in a timely manner to the responsible teams. and follows up on the repair efforts. Actively participates and solicits input in identifying and eradicating inefficiencies and low value efforts (waste) in order to drive team effectiveness.
- Ensures NOC goals are met by prioritizing and managing projects with the other NOC and National Operations managers, market teams, Regional teams, FSC and vendors.
- Serves as escalation point for all NOC issues while on shift and verifies relieving managers have the matter in hand when they go off shift. Maintains engagement even when off shift and remains aware of conditions affecting the NOC on a 7 x24 basis unless on PTO or otherwise assigned. Audits and maintains integrity of operations-centric data in all engineering systems, including proper closure of tickets/tasks and work-log updates (InSite, Homer, NetExpert, etc.).
- Participates in off-shift rotating schedules with other NOC managers
- 4+ years technical experience providing operations or engineering support in video distribution network, telecommunications, data systems, or mobile switching systems infrastructures.
- Minimum Required
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting techniques
- Working knowledge of overall network architecture and an understanding of video distribution signal flow and its components, to include IRDs, receivers, encoders and packagers
- Leadership and coaching skills; fosters teamwork and cross-functional cooperation in order to create a positive work environment
- Ability to create and refine processes and procedures by applying critical thinking and objective analysis.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/activities, adapt to change, and refocus to recover quickly
- Basic computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint; vendor-specific network navigation; T-Mobile s systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team development, and negotiation skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures; must be able to read and write effectively in English at a business-professional level.
- Ability to participate in off-shift rotating schedules with other NOC managers
- Supervisory and/or people management experience is desired.
- Experience with Tektronix Sentry and Medius setup and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of MPEG and MPEG analysis
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, ATM network, WAN/LAN principles, basic data base theory, IP Access, Wifi principles(Cisco), server cluster configuration, application support and architecture.
- 2+ years experience in a Network Operations Center monitoring mission critical applications and services highly desired.
- Knowledge of Video monitoring system setup and configuration
- Knowledge of Transport Systems to include DACs, Telco Transport Systems (Optical and Electrical) such as OC-192/48/12/3, DS3 & T1s
- Basic knowledge of Power Systems to include equipment power requirements and Emergency Back Up Systems.
- Associates Degree. Technical discipline
- Or equivalent experience
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top