Manager, Engineering Field
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThis position oversees the day-to-day field activities necessary to ensure smooth operation of the network. Supports other departments within market for new site turn-up, troubleshooting issues (customer and equipment), and achieving market/regional/T-Mobile performance metrics. Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of the field staff in order to maintain the performance of all Base Transceiver Station (BTS) nodes to ensure optimal service is provided to T-Mobile's subscribers at all times. Plays a catalyst role in building a strong, motivated, service-oriented team by utilizing routine coaching sessions, assisting with progressive career development, and establishing training requirements. Interacts with all local and regional departments as well as with sales teams to assist in developing new tools, processes, and planning/scheduling workload execution. Promotes a healthy work environment and is the voice of the front-line employee. Requires a solid leader with well developed listening skills and is ultimately accountable to our customers for the results his/her team delivers.Minimum Required
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting techniques.
- Working knowledge of overall network architecture and GSM principals.
- Leadership and coaching skills; fosters teamwork and cross-functional cooperation in order to create a positive work environment.
- Ability to create and refine processes and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/activities, adapt to change, and refocus to recover quickly.
- Basic computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint; vendor-specific network navigation; T-Mobile systems.
- 4-6 years technical experience in telecommunications field operations and maintenance or cellular systems experience.
- 2 years experience with GSM systems.
- Associates Degree in a Technical or business discipline or equivalent industry experience
License or Certification
- Applicant is to meet the minimum DOT medical standards under 49 CFR Part 391
- Supervises day-to-day activities of field technicians (prioritizes workloads, does resource planning, oversees daily/weekly activities, approves time, etc.) to achieve Network Trouble Management (NTM) standards compliance and network reliability metrics (Service Level Agreement (SLA), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), alarm recovery, Minutes of Usage (MOU), Base Station Subsystem (BSS) availability, etc.). Monitors quantity and quality of work performed by field technicians. Serves as escalation point 24x7 for all BSS issues, unless on Paid Time Off (PTO) or Operations Manager has approved other coverage arrangement.
- Coaches and develops direct reports, fostering a team environment and a culture of excellence. Conducts ongoing coaching and career development with direct reports (bi-weekly/monthly 1-1 coaching, quarterly reviews, quarterly goal-setting, etc.). Promotes rewards and recognition programs.
- Promotes fiscal responsibility. Actively manages operational expenses (overtime, tower crew work, parts and maintenance), tracks and maintains all technician-assigned company assets (phones, computers, test equipment, etc.), negotiates and recommends maintenance contracts, and maintains inventory of company assets through proper Asset Lifecycle Management (ALM) audit/reconciliation practices. In some locations, fulfills repair and return, warehouse support, and shipping/receiving duties.
- Ensures compliance with and adherence to all T-Mobile policies and procedures. Acts as Field Safety Liaison to ensure compliance with all T-Mobile/OSHA requirements. Leads field related Disaster Recovery efforts and works with ICT regional team and other support teams to restore network services.
- Manages outsourced activities and provides appropriate documentation and reporting of outsourcing activity to higher-level management. Audits and maintains integrity of operations-centric data in all engineering systems, including proper closure of tickets/tasks and work-log updates (InSite, Homer, Alarm Point, ALM, etc).
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top