Manager, Engineering Development
Are you ready to join the Un-carrier movement in New England? Are you looking to manage a team of high performing Site Development Managers and Project Managers, while expanding your skills and experience? Can you bring Un-carrier to everything you do?
If so, our market is searching for a top performing Development Manager to take us to the next level.
You should possess a balance of strong wireless development experience, coupled with the ability to manage a high functioning development team.
To be considered for this role, you must have wireless industry experience. This is not an IT role, wireless is a must.
This role is responsible for all aspects of site development processes with a strong focus on management of construction initiatives, coupled with managing a high performing team of Site Development Managers and Project Managers. The primary responsibility is to produce executed leases, entitlements, material procurement, AAV and construction, all of which leads to getting new sites on air. Must be able to work and coordinate all development efforts with RF and Operations leading to accomplishing development milestones necessary to achieve forecast goals. Must be adept at forecasting all major development milestones and may negotiate competitive vendor contracts and administer and manage construction bids in accordance with market conditions. Will also be responsible to manage the quality of vendors in the market.
- Manage and track production pertaining to cell site entitlement and construction
- Administer contracts and track purchase orders relating to site development milestones as well as vendor bids
- Draft and implement development processes, management plans and contract deliverable schedules (baselines), operational troubleshooting and training
- Regularly directs the work of direct reports comprised of contractors and employees
- Exercises approval authority for all employees hired into the department
- Communicates and oversees cross functional or company wide initiatives
- Creates Individual Development Plans for employee career growth through regular guidance and coaching
- Leads the implementation of policy or organization structure changes
- Determines headcount, skill sets and other resources needed to accomplish the mission of the development team
- Influences executives regarding strategy or and to achieve business objectives
- Coordinates and integrates staff activities and resources across functional teams to implement strategies
- Provides clear reporting dashboards with a focus on accuracy and high level trend analysis
- Acts as a top management intermediary to communicate Company direction to employees in multiple functions.
- Knowledge of New England market development timelines, vendors and competitive environment
- Strong knowledge of development of all site types (Macro, Venue, Small Cell)
- Proven comprehension and ability to negotiate, interpret and administer contracts and agreements
- Strong grasp of principles and constraints of construction as well as several years experience managing large scale wireless construction initiatives
- Principles and practice in team building across various engineering disciplines (e.g. RF, Operations, Development and Property Management)
- Demonstrated history of successful management of people and programs
- Minimum of 7 years recent industry experience in wireless development-related activity
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory responsibility for both employees and contract personnel
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top