Manager, Device Intelligence and Analytics
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
The Device Technology Experience Intelligence Team within T-Mobile USA is responsible for helping T-Mobile better plan and optimize mobile IP services by measuring, monitoring and correlating true user experiences. In addition, we aid in planning network capital for maximum returns on investment and efficient optimizations to customer experience. The person filling this role will lead a team of engineers on the design and implementation of the systems to gather the data, and on the analysis and reporting of the findings. The role also will provide vision and strategy for the team's future direction, and coach and mentor team members. Responsibilities also include defining device requirements for OEMs, and business case analysis for recommendations to the business. The role allows for the opportunity to lead the growing area of crowd-sourced big data analysis.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the software development. Agile and DevOps methodologies. Experience in wireless communications a plus. Experience with Jira a plus.
- Experience developing requirements for device manufacturers and app developers to implement and deploy on commercial consumer devices.
- Ability to support and lead team members, making decisions on priority and trade-offs.
- Ability to create and present executive summaries of the team's projects to communicate key information efficiently to management.
- Strong understanding of data analysis and visualization tools and techniques.
- Good understanding of wireless communications technologies and protocols, IP networking, industry test and validation practices to perform technical validation.
- Ability to work cross- functionally in a fast paced and constantly changing work environment.
- Setting vision and strategy for the team's long-term direction for software development, big data processing and analytics, and data visualization.
- Delivery to the business of meaningful reports and analysis from data collected by devices.
- Optimizing the performance of big data processing and analytics systems to enable timely delivery of reports and analysis.
- Drive continuous improvement to current practices, adopt competitive best practices.
- Leading and coaching team members on multiple simultaneous projects
- Designing new features and capabilities of the system in anticipation of future business needs. Identify new opportunities to help the business.
- Driving successful outcomes working with multiple internal and external partners.
- Leading and managing all aspects of a project, including writing budget proposals and defining scope of work, managing staff allocation and assignment distribution, monitoring progress, ensure project priorities are met (including selecting subject matter experts best suited to complete the work).
- Document all work and, from time to time, prepare and present progress reports and conclusions to executive management.
- BS in Engineering. MS Highly desirable. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, MBA a plus.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top