Manager, Development Operations
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Manager, Development Operations will lead multiple DevOps teams consisting of Scrum Masters, Developers, SDETs and support resources, in partnership with technology product managers and domain architects, to build, deliver and operate capabilities and services for our business. The Manager will drive this through DevOps team structures leveraging continuous delivery and high degrees of automation to deliver scalable, reliable business capabilities at high velocity. This role will demonstrate functional, technical and process leadership to lead DevOps transformation and successful delivery. The Manager, DevOps will be adept in balancing technical knowledge and business acumen, possess great leadership, management, communication and people skills. Qualifications
- 5 years of combined experience in Continuous Delivery, Change Management, and Service Monitoring, Support and Problem Management in an Agile software product development environment.
- Experience managing a production support and/or DevOps team.
- Experience identifying and effectively deploying system monitoring solutions and establishing and measuring service level agreements for these systems.
- Competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven capability to manage system outages and incidents and effectively communicate status and resolution to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and resourcefully.
- Proven record of demonstrating proper judgment in managing difficult situations.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Programs and aptitude for learning new software quickly.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Work with business partners, architects, technology product managers and other groups to identify development needs and priorities.
- Responsible for key design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to key stakeholders.
- Drive technical design, development, test, deployment and operational support across multiple technology stacks.
- Ensure that design supports expected service level and ensure that that service level is maintained once in production.
- Own the technical design and development of capabilities and micro-services within and across specific domains.
- Drive timely delivery across multiple DevOps groups and sprint teams.
- Ensure adherence to Software Development Life cycle and Architecture strategies, standards and axioms.
- Own and manage virtualized test environments supporting development.
- Analyze demand and estimate feasibility, cost, time to deliver.
Bachelor's Degree. Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experienceWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top