Manager, Database Administration
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Manager of DBA team is responsible to provide leadership and management for the team that is responsible for Teradata database installations and upgrades, backups, business continuity and support of multiple projects and application platforms. This position establishes, communicates and enforces departmental policies relating to standards, information, customer security and operational processes in support of business objectives.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- At least 3 – 5 years previous management experience required.
- 5 7 years experience in large Teradata database infrastructure solutions.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to lead technical staff in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to influence strategic direction, policies, standards, roadmap and architectures.
- Knowledge of logical, physical transactional and dimensional database design.
- Experienced with handling various aspects of BI and ETL job performance improvement
- Proven experience building, leading, mentoring and managing teams.
- Excellent written and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management in groups and one-on-one.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced and self-directed environment
- Experience working in an agile fashion for faster and continuous delivery.
- Good understanding of software development life-cycle methodology
- Proven ability to lead dispersed and remote teams, including offshore resources.
- Experience in working with interfacing and integration technologies
- Experience in the wireless or telecom industry highly desirable.
- Experience with billing systems or other high volume transaction processing systems.
- A four year degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Responsible for providing DBA support for development and delivery of BI and analytic applications on Teradata platforms.
- Sets priorities for team to ensure task completion, coordinates work activities with other managers to meet deadlines and objectives
- Develops and enforces processes, procedures and architectural standards to ensure stable, secure and scalable database environments to meet operational goals
- Manages the performance and behavior of direct reports through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching
- Accountable for ensuring project delivery excellence across the Teradata platforms from DBA support perspective.
- Proactively work to improve system and ETL jobs performance, operational efficiency, reliability and customer service
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members, perform reviews as required and work with individuals to develop quarterly goals
- Work with direct reports to assess skill levels and create individual training and career development plans
- Stay current with technological advancements and be able to assess and communicate these to senior management
- Works with team members as lead and provide solutions to complex business requirements and technical issues
- Participate in project assessments and provide resource requirements
- Works with senior management to determine staffing requirements, develop departmental goals and set departmental priorities
- Maintain status reports, capital labor reports and other documentation and administrative tasks as necessary
- Provide technical leadership to support the Teradata database infrastructure and projects.
- Establish and enforce standards, best practices and escalations policies to meet operational/performance goals as well as SLAs.
- Review capacity/trend analysis and plan to provide system capacity to meet the growth.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top