Manager, Cyber Security Portfolio
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDescription
Contributes to T-Mobile success by delivering and implementing multiple large and highly-complex new systems, projects, processes, and/or programs that improve profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations, or enhance service to the business and customers. Collaborates effectively with cross-functional C-level business and technology development leaders to solve problems and implement new solutions.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant info security technology or related field.
- Experience across complex projects and areas of focus.
- Experience acting as a business leader that is able to interpret business goals and apply them.
- Must be able to bring multiple groups together to facilitate prioritization of needs and drive/execute on those priorities
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership
- Negotiation, influence, and leadership skills are essential.
- Knowledge of new product development processes, go to market strategies, and product life cycle management.
- Experience in the financial processes of a program or project such as budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management - including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Experience working in a technical industry.
- Ability to able to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Experience working on projects in a wireless industry
- Bachelor's Degree in computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or combination of equivalent experience and education
- Leads strategic identification and detailed definition of strategic initiatives. Be the face of the cyber security portfolio and represent to projects to partner teams and leadership. Work with CIS, technology, and business teams to drive portfolio delivery
- Provides high-level guidance to identify resources from all disciplines (Engineering and Operations, EIT, Retail, and/or other departments). Facilitates organization's Project Management goals
- Manages Project Management functional scope and schedule. Provides oversight of management and allocation of personnel and resources to projects. Resolves resource conflicts and priorities. Lead annual resource planning activities to help define portfolio capacity limitations
- Leads development and training of Project Management team members. Establishes goals for the department and individual team members in alignment with company objectives. Measures performance against goals. Demands continual improvement in quality of work and processes, and promotes the highest levels of team morale. Embraces change in the organization and strives for world class technical and organizational performance
- Define portfolio KPIs to measure execution against the annual plan. Identify issues/gaps based on KPIs and drive resolution and remediation where necessary
- Leads definition and measurement of success metrics to objectively quantify project success. Ensures that project execution complies with approved methodology. Manages to strategic dates
- Serves as a higher-level escalation point for project issues. Facilitates root-cause analysis to determine appropriate escalation steps. Works with Manager-level peers to resolve cross-functional project issues.
- Sets stakeholder and project team expectations and ensures that the project managers have the deliverables align to business needs. Maintains accountability for the quality of deliverables. Coaches project managers how to proactively anticipate and mitigate issues that could hinder the quality or timing of the project/program. Ensures that the project managers are communicating any gaps in design and are setting realistic expectations on deliverables.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top