Manager, Applications Support--BI Application/Operations Visualization
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Manager of Application Support, Visualization Tools is responsible for managing a team that provides tool configuration, maintenance, and support for T-Mobile BI visualization and virtualization toolset. Works with other DEVOPS delivery teams and Business Data Stakeholder subject matter experts to ensure that tools are configured optimally to support business demand and that all maintenance activities are road-mapped and executed to support evolving business growth and capabilities.
Key areas of focus
- Lead a team of roughly 4-8 individual contributors and associated contractors
- Manage technical support of BI visualization applications, services and tools focusing on providing high quality.
- Accountable to identify, evaluate, analyze impact and provide solution options for BI visualization tools defined within span of control.
- Partner with all other Development Delivery and Operations shared services teams to ensure resource planning is comprehensive and sustainable, aligning with projected workload.
- Ensure all non-functional requirements are accounted for and understood.
- Coordinate with development team to provide support to all onshore and offshore sites
- Partner with other support, capacity & performance management, and release management organizations to ensure BI visualization tools maintenance roadmaps (inclusive of service packs and incremental versioning) is proactively planned, communicated and executed with minimal business continuity impacts.
Skills and knowledge acquired through professional Development, Tech. Lead, and Management experience are required in the following areas: Application Support, Performance & Capacity Management, Release Management, Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, Quality Assurance and Testing, and Requirements Gathering.
- Minimum 4 years experience supporting large scale business systems applications.
- Minimum 3 years as lead or principal analyst in application support; including, planning, and coordination of support work for key projects and or enterprise level toolsets.
- Including practical application support for the following tools: SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Denodo, Qlickview or similar BI visualization tools.
- Understanding of Security management and experience with implementation and support approaches for BI visualization tools.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and manage technical professionals in an Agile, DevOps delivery framework.
- Strong working knowledge of software development life cycle management and practical application support experience in an Agile, Scrum or DevOps delivery model.
- Minimum overall IT experience, 6+ years.
LEADER COACH COMPETENCIES
SETS PERFORMANCE DIRECTION
Translates broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
Creates a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
Broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Lets direct reports finish their own work.
DEVELOPS AND COACHES OTHERS
Has awareness of each person’s career goals; holds development discussions; and provides challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
HOLDS PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE
Monitors progress and results; gives feedback effectively and makes tough decisions when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Business or IT
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- BUILD STAFFING PLANS that ensure teams are staffed with skill sets required to enhance existing systems as well as deliver new system functionality required by the business.
- INTERVIEW AND HIRE qualified application support analysts, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength, augmenting project teams with contract staff when required.
- WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT – Work with other management to understand project and business priorities and schedule work based on those priorities.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT Effectively lead team providing appropriate direction and developmental feedback, conducting annual reviews and participating in compensation decisions.
- TRAINING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT Work with individual contributors to build training and career development plans. Ensure assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to high performing team members.
- RECOMMEND NEW TECHNOLOGY DIRECTIONS in collaboration with Design and Enterprise Architecture teams
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- BUDGET Provide input for departmental budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses in order to meet budget.
- RESOURCE SUPPORT Plan for and ensure that management and staff have tools/skills required to perform job functions (workstations, software, servers, disk space, training, etc.).
- Constantly improve the APPLICATION/OPERATIONS PROCESSES, tools and methodologies used in the group.
- Responsible for DELIVERY OF HIGH QUAILITY support that addresses non-functional requirements in a sustainable fashion allowing for overall team to achieve work/life balance.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top