Manager, Applications Support
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThis position is responsible for supporting the various business units, systems, and vendors within the T-Mobile U.S., MetroPCS brand, Billing and OSS application layer. The qualified candidate will understand how organizations function to accomplish their goals, drive daily objectives of application support, and provide the best possible service to group’s dependent thereof. The qualified candidate will facilitate interdepartmental communication to provide overall clarity, gain alignment, and achieve successful resolution as a part of the ITIL Service Delivery model. This role manages the application support of all billing integrations, including (but not limited to) Middleware (SOA), Web Services, MetroPCS.com, Supply Chain integrations, Training Systems, and network connectivity for production and UAT environments. The excellent candidate will have an established work history of leading a team with high expectations, contributing to business strategy, advising on technology status, change, and capacity analysis, developing processes that optimize production stability, and connecting daily tasks to company deliverables. The qualified candidate will also be skilled in application governance, working at all levels (from resolving Tier 2 tickets to managing service providers) of the ecosystem they support.Minimum Required
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of systems application management experience in telecom with understanding of strategic business information systems.
- Working understanding of business and system processes/technologies within multiple knowledge areas, allowing for cross-functional strategy and support.
- Specifically, working knowledge, and proven history, of middleware and web service management with a focus on system flows and the supported customer experiences thereof, as well as knowledge of Supply Chain systems Training Environment Management.
- Working understanding of system managerial best practices and principles, demonstrated ability to apply said principles, ability to report on governance areas in a clear, consumable fashion (strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a well-spoken, confident, manner).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively able to communicate with all employee levels.
- Experience with identifying and resolving internal and external customer problems.
- Experience in working with members of the project/product management team, business subject matter experts (SME’s), operational support teams, and executive leadership to develop and implement viable solutions, explain system problems and mitigation efforts, and train on system functionalities and technical outcomes.
- Demonstrates competent consulting skills and experience in bridging gaps between technology and business operations.
- Must be proficient and have experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- ITIL Foundations preferred.
- Bachelors Degree. Quantitative discipline or eq. work experience
- Work daily in a dynamic environment, mostly built around managed services, managing a small team to deliver best in class services to all customers (internal and external).
- Manages team members effectively, providing servant leadership support and partnership, in depth understanding, and vision for direct reports.
- Develops team members, growing them for the next level of service delivery and career growth.
- Manage and support middleware system integrations across multiple vendor partners and service providers.
- Manage the website www.metropcs.com, with specific focus on customer experience flows and web service integrations with the MetroPCS billing system.
- Manage the Supply Chain technical delivery process and business integrations wherein physical assets are converted to virtual assets.
- Manage the network connectivity of all billing production and non-production environments.
- Plan, deliver, manage, and/or govern production projects and committees as needed.
- Consult with development and Quality Assurance (Testing) teams in a DevOps environment.
- Provide reporting to management and leadership on departmental and application-set performance.
- Cross-functionally supports the IT Operations team and wider application set within the MetroPCS ecosystem.
- Manages production outages and escalations end-to-end, ensuring the correct stakeholders are involved to be able to drive resolution, communicating to impacted business units, gather data on impact to systems and business, and report on impacts via metrics to IT and Business Leadership teams.
- Be a lead person in defining monitoring needed for the applications and flows in the technology ecosystem, and managing projects to get monitoring delivered and/or updated as necessary.
- Available for a weekly on call program to support production.
- Assists management and other team members in ensuring production stability through understanding of business needs, changes being implemented and high level technical flows.
- Provides subject matter expertise (SME) leadership and consulting support on complex tasks related to the primary functions of the position.
- Initiates and executes initiatives to improve functional processes, procedures, and tools utilized by the team.
- Reviews deliverables and provides input/training for other team members.
- Strong understanding of other business channels (especially Retail Sales, Finance, and Supply Chain).
- Contributes to process improvement initiatives (Continual Service Improvement, CSI).
- Utilizes ticketing system to manage and understand ticket queues (Incident Management, Change Management, RCA Management, and Problem Management).
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top