Manager, Accounting - Wholesale/Partner Revenue Accounting
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting and fixed asset accounting.
Manager, Accounting Wholesale/Partner Revenue Accounting
The Manager, Accounting role is a leadership role specifically responsible for managing Wholesale/Partner Revenue and Expense and will report to the Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting. This position will manage individual contributor roles and oversee the monthly close process, various projects and process improvements and documentation. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in general accounting and a strong analytical and problem solving ability. This position will have frequent interactions with cross-functional teams within the greater Accounting department as well as outside of Accounting; including Marketing, Operations, IT, Tax, Legal and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Deep understanding of business drivers and their effect on financial results required.
- Broad knowledge of accounting with strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop goals and the process by which to meet goals based on provided objectives.
- Proven professional with advanced understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems, with solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS. SAP and BPC experience a plus.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to interact with peers and team members to gain cooperation amongst the teams to meet objectives.
- Ability to develop and conduct presentations of technical information related to projects or accounting issues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. CPA strongly preferred.
- 7+ years relevant accounting experience with at least 5 year managing teams.
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analysis are properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner.
- Accountable for identifying and communicating risks and issues impacting financial area of responsibility.
- Establish structure and standards in order to ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Manage departmental projects and process changes in order to improve efficiencies in work processes and to reduce work in low value activities.
- Responsible for journal entries, complex balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems including sub-modules.
- Deep understanding of the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results.
- Participate in enterprise projects to ensure appropriate requirements are developed based on a solid understanding of the impacted systems and the transactional flow, and ensuring regression testing is performed.
- Responsible for creating operational process for the functionality delivered on enterprise projects, including assessing control environment and potential audit requirements.
- Responsible for driving department goals and vision forward within the team.
- Provide review of work of other team members, providing constructive feedback, guidance and coaching to other team members while maintaining positive relationships.
As a leader you are focused on strategy and planning while developing and guiding your team. You demonstrate and showcase your leadership abilities by:
- SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
- DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Let direct reports finish their own work.
- DEVELOPING AND COACHING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
- HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitoring progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top