Manager, Accounting - Revenue Accounting
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comManager, Accounting - Revenue Accounting
The Manager, Accounting is a leadership role within Revenue Accounting, primarily responsible for ensuring sales and dealer incentives are properly accounted for under US GAAP and IFRS. This position reports to the Director, Revenue Accounting and manages team of individual contributors. This role manages monthly close activities, develops and maintains processes and controls related to sales and dealer incentives and serves as a subject matter expert for sales incentive accounting. In supporting the implementation of the new revenue recognition standard, this role also participates in development of accounting requirements related to new business or promotional activities. The Manager, Accounting will be a key liaison with various business partners, including commission operations, financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, technology support and internal control departments. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in technical accounting, experience in oversight and operationalization of ongoing accounting functions, and strong problem solving abilities.
- 6+ years of experience in Accounting, with at least 2 years of managerial role; public accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- Proven professional with advanced understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems, with solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS. SAP and BPC experience a plus.
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analysis are properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner.
- Accountable for identifying and communicating risks and issues impacting financial area of responsibility.
- Serve as subject matter expert for financial area of responsibility in interactions with business partners.
- Prepare accounting and reporting requirements related to commission and revenue accounting.
- Possess deep understanding of the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results and controls.
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting standards and reporting requirements to ensure proper application in T-Mobile's close and reporting process.
- Establish structure and standards to ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Lead departmental projects and process changes to improve efficiencies in work processes and to reduce work in low value activities.
- Responsible for driving department goals and vision forward within the team.
- Provide review of work of other team members, providing constructive feedback, guidance and coaching to other team members while maintaining positive relationships.
- Coach and develop team member's career goals.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top