Lead Writer, Corporate Communications
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comT-Mobile is the nation's Un-carrier and the fastest growing US wireless company thanks to an unconventional philosophy built on listening to customers and disrupting the status quo. For the past five years, we've been pounding out a steady drumbeat of industry-rocking Un-carrier moves that are changing US wireless for good. Our unique brand story and breakout brand voice have been key to our success.
Now, we're looking for a rock star Lead Writer who will be the voice of the Un-carrier brand in many of our most visible external communications blogs, speeches, press releases, letters and other communications materials. You'll work closely with executives and all of T-Mobile's corporate communications team across PR, financial and internal comms. And, the right comms strategist will have the opportunity to help set and evolve the Un-carrier brand voice across the company.
Your work will be in the spotlight daily, and you'll need to be just as adept at the written word as you are at writing for video, speeches and scripts. The successful candidate will be a collaboration ninja balancing a huge variety of projects across a bunch of people and priorities and will be able to easily channel different voices for different projects/brands and audiences.
We're looking for a great, creative storyteller because we've got a killer story to tell who knows how to tell stories using a wide variety of media PR, written, video, social, memes, you name it and is analytical enough to dig deep into the subject matter and understand the facts and stats behind the story.
While the quality and accomplishments of a person's career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- 10+ years' experience with deep writing experience for both printed and spoken word.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and organizational skills with a history of anticipating issues and taking proactive action to develop and implement an appropriate response plan.
- Deep communications understanding across multiple media (earned, owned, paid).
- Proficient using MS Office .
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Experience with well-known consumer product brands and consumer media.
- Experience in other areas such as multi-cultural marketing/pr, community, investor and government relations in connection with issues management, crisis management, product publicity, and reputation management.
- Background in consumer technology and understanding of wireless technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation; Agile pro who is confident and cool under pressure and who lets a little craziness roll off your back
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with a bias towards action; a self-starter who takes initiative rather than waiting for direction; general ass-kicker
- A strategic thinker; able to see how brand voice impacts the business overall
- Analytics oriented; your best stories are rooted in facts
- Excellent follow-through skills you do what you say you'll do and dot the i's
- Strong attention to detail with a relentless focus on quality
- A team player who can also have a little fun at work
Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
- Drafting and editing communications materials for T-Mobile and MetroPCS, including press releases, media alerts, blogs, op-eds, speeches, talking points, and other PR and internal comms materials
- Evolving the Un-carrier brand voice as used in public relations
- Developing concepts that help audiences better understand our Un-carrier moves and value prop
Partner across the corp communications team to help in crafting communications materials.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top