Kronos Product Owner
- Atlanta, GA
Product Owner (PO) is a member of the extended Product Management team and crucial member of the Agile Team. PO owns the Team / Sprint backlog representing the single source of truth and is the single point of contact to the Dev team and Customer team for user story details for the Timekeeping and WFM (Workforce Management) workstream. PO is responsible for defining and refining user stories and prioritizing the Agile Team backlog to streamline execution of product (program) priorities while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of features for the team.
The PO also has a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done, ensuring the acceptance criteria has been met. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside their specific Agile team, including working with Product Management, who is responsible for the Product (Program) Backlog, to prepare for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting (Big Room Planning).
Business and Technical Execution
- Develops deep understanding of customer experience, especially at a tactical and transaction level.
- Reviews and assesses enabler work, understands scope of the upcoming enabler work and collaborates with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the technical infrastructures that will host the new business functionality. Ultimately determining where, when and priority of enabler work so that it can be included in sequence in Team backlog(s).
- Primary resource (and source of truth / single point of contact) to Technical (Dev) team and Customer team for user story details. Highly available to technical team during iteration (sprint) in order to answer real time questions and provide clarity to user stories.
- Manages and maintains efficient flow of just-in-time story elaboration activities (user story refinement) throughout team execution, typically maintaining 2 iterations(sprints) worth user stories available and ready in team backlog.
- Works across Agile teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program.
- Accountable and responsible for user story quality and performance in production environment.
- Identifies execution or operational issues that impede product success. Work to change or resolve issues (within sphere of influence).
- Recognizes technical challenges and makes educated trade-offs with the team.
- Runs PO sync meeting with other PO's on larger / scaled Agile Release Train (ART).
- Supports and helps Technical Product Manager create and manage product vision and technical roadmap, primarily related to working scope.
Relationship & People, Professional Development
- Develops positive working relationships with Customer groups or Customer representatives
- Collaborates and develops positive working relationships with technical and non-technical teams, including sales, accounting, marketing, go -to -market and finance. Works with outside partners and other third parties.
- Actively participates in T-Mobile Product Owner/Manager Community of Practice (COP)
- 4-7 years of relevant Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, and System Analyst or Architecture/Software Engineer experience in an agile software product development environment.
- 2-4 years experience in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies and other commonly used tools.
- 2 years experience working on a timekeeping and labor scheduling application like Kronos or JDA
- HR Domain knowledge/experience is required
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Working knowledge of APIs, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, writing SQL
Education and Certifications
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline
- Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO) required.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top