Junior UX Designer (S)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAre you ready to join the un-carrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Can you bring Un-carrier to everything you do?-Do you think outside of the box and aren't afraid to break the rules?
We are looking for a user-experience designer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
- Candidate's portfolio must contain recent mobile-first designs
- Proven well-designed examples of responsive grid-based layouts. Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea)
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development life cycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies
- Welcome change and complexity. Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- You love learning and mentoring others.
Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate client's product visions by researching, conceiving, wire framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital and mobile-first environments
- Competent in the following software programs:
- Nice to have experience with the following software programs:
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns. Deep understanding of information design / architecture, gestalt principles, and user psychology.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- 2 years post baccalaureate in human-computer interaction, Masters of Entertainment Technology, or Masters of Computer Science (with an emphasis in design) is required or if the candidate doesn't have a post degree in HCI, MET, or MCS then 3+ years UX design experience is needed
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top