Group Project Manager, Technical
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThis position is accountable for managing programs (either technical or enterprise wide business initiatives), which may consist of multiple tiered complex projects with high visibility, aggressive schedules, and requiring significant negotiation to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and achieve specific business goals or objectives for the Enterprise. This position is viewed by leadership as a trusted advisor/consultant who utilizes in depth industry, business and/or technical knowledge and Program/Project Management expertise to lead and deliver capabilities that are key the company's success. This position is accountable for managing enterprise wide programs that are focused on providing leading edge business technology solutions, product innovations and/or world-class technical infrastructure. This position requires a broad technology background and a proven leadership track record. This position will manage work utilizing standard project management methodologies, processes/procedures projects have clear start/end dates; specific manpower resource allocations; budgets and are clearly identified as a "project" by the business.
- 10 - 12 yrs formal project management work experience
- Must be proficient and have experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project and Visio
- Advanced understanding of PMI principles and practices and proven experience in putting them into practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively communicates with all employee levels and levels of management.
- Proven experience with identifying & resolving project impacting issues, works with members of the Project Management team and business SMEs/executives to develop and implement viable solutions.
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management - including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable.
- Must typically have a background in the project business area assigned, in order to successfully serve as a conduit between the technical functions and the business clients.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering large/complex projects, including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs, and change management
- Expert understanding of infrastructure and software development lifecycles.
- Is accountable for and directs others in creation of all project communications. Directs others in the facilitation of team and project meetings.
- Identifies potential risks across a broad number of individual projects and programs and establishes communications and mitigations to address them. Communicates risks in clear business terms and technical terms and provides clear messaging and solution options at a senior leadership and executive level in both planned and ad hoc scenarios. Understands what is important to different stakeholders in the business and ensures that their interests are protected as well as the overall program objective throughout project planning and execution.
- Creates and assists others in creating a project schedule through defining needed activities, sequencing, resourcing, estimation of durations and resources and negotiates schedule with the team to find creative ways to meet it. Uses and helps others to use the schedule as a communication and management tool to ensure the project stays on schedule, making needed adjustments to address project exceptions and incorporating ways to make delivery more efficient.
- Defines scope of Programs. Incorporates strategic factors into Program/Project Scope and recommendations. Influences and manages the factors that create change and scope creep. Can manage and help others to understand the implications of change including legitimate scope shift.
- Leads cross-functional or multi-team effort in defining budget requirements for a project or program, providing thought leadership into initial financial estimates for the business case. Drives business case generation with finance and the business owner. Drives the process to procure funding at a project or program level. Collects monthly budget forecasts, collect actual data from finance, and applies accounting practices appropriately to maintain budget integrity. Identifies factors that can drive potential variance early in the forecasting process and limits project activity to maintain expenses within allotted budget. Provides proactive and accurate reporting on any unresolved variance to leadership. Hold functional resources accountable to performance within budget allocation.
- Plans, identifies, and documents the project quality standards. Sets stakeholder and project team expectations and ensures that the deliverables align to business needs. Maintains accountability for the quality of the documentation and deliverables. Adheres and manages to standard processes and change boards. Establishes Go/No-Go decision points and quality control points with the stakeholders to ensure project deliverables meet expectations. Continuously assesses the quality of the documentation and deliverables. Proactively anticipates and mitigates issues through validation and test using Testing methodologies. Uses best judgment to make informed decisions on quality factors that can be compromised. Communicates any gaps in design and sets realistic expectations on deliverables. Follows through and closes all of the defined exceptions.
- Leads with procurement and functional manager the creation of SOWs, RFIs and RFPs. Ensures that all appropriate legal protection such as NDA and MSA is in place. Validates deliverable and budgetary impacts for completeness and accuracy. Manages vendors against contracts to ensure quality deliverables prior to payment authorization. Provides proactive feedback to vendor management as appropriate and communicates and ensures compliance with company standards and values. Also, uses innovation to eliminate bureaucracy by proactively identifying and recommending changes to standard processes and procedures. Drives implementation of changes to streamline standard processes and procedures.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Pre-employment background screen.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top