Group Project Manager, Technical (Bellevue / Atlanta)
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.This position can be located in Bellevue, WA, OR Atlanta, GA
Contributes to T-Mobile success by delivering and implementing multiple large and highly-complex new systems, projects, processes, and/or programs that improve profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations, or enhance service to the business and customers. Collaborates effectively with cross-functional C-level business and technology development leaders to solve problems and implement new solutions.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 8+ year’s industry experience as a program or product manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services.
- Experience across complex projects and areas of focus.
- Experience acting as a business leader that is able to interpret business goals and apply them.
- Must be able to bring multiple groups together to facilitate prioritization of needs and drive/execute on those priorities
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership
- Negotiation, influence, and leadership skills are essential.
- Knowledge of new product development processes, go to market strategies, and product life cycle management.
- Experience in the financial processes of a program or project such as budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management – including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Experience working in a technical industry.
- Ability to able to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Experience working on projects in a wireless industry
- Bachelors Degree. in computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or combination of equivalent experience and education
- Master’s / Advanced Degree desired
- Assembles key players on the project team and nurtures internal working relationships across the enterprise which fosters the development of cross functional teamwork. Delegates project responsibilities and task interfaces, directs, motivates and manages the project work and resources involved within the project. Ensures timely activity, integration and productivity of technical support and administers efficient use of resources to meet requirements with clear identification of task completion. Question ambiguous responsibilities and manage conflicts to an early resolution and escalation of any unresolved issues. Plays a support role with technical solutions ensuring all groups’ responsibilities are included, managing very closely with the technical leaders to ensure alignment.
- Manages Project Management functional scope and schedule. Provides oversight of management and allocation of personnel and resources to projects. Resolves resource conflicts and priorities.
- Is accountable for and directs others in creation of all project communications. Directs others in the facilitation of team and project meetings. Leads and develops definition and measurement of success metrics to objectively quantify project success. Ensures that project execution complies with approved methodology. Ensures that overall program in managed to strategic dates.
- Identifies potential risks across a broad number of individual projects and programs and establishes communications and mitigations to address them. Communicates risks in clear business terms and technical terms and provides clear messaging and solution options at a senior leader and executive level in both planned and as hoc scenarios. Understands what is important to different stakeholders in the business and ensures that their interests are protected as well as the overall program objective through project planning and execution. Serves as a higher-level escalation point for project issues. Works with Director and above level peers to resolve cross-functional project issues.
- Defines scopes of Programs. Incorporates strategic factors into Program/Project Scope and recommendations. Influences and manages the factors that create change and scope creep. Can manage and help others to understand the implications of change including legitimate scope shift.
- Leads cross-functional or multi-team effort in defining budget requirements for a project or program, providing thought leadership into initial financial estimates for the business case. Drives business case generation with finance and the business owner. Plans, identifies and documents the project quality standards. Sets stakeholder and project team expectations and ensures that the deliverables align to business needs. Maintains accountability for the quality of deliverables. Proactively anticipates and mitigates issues that could hinder the quality or timing of the project/program. Communicates any gaps in design and sets realistic expectations on deliverables. Follows through and closes all of the defined exceptions.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top