Group Project Manager, Technical
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comGroup Project Manager, TechnicalYOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years' of experience in Agile development including coaching on agile methodologies.
- Have extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Are able to coach a team and stakeholders on Agile practices and ensure adherence to Agile methodology.
- Strong facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Enjoy solving problems and are able to resolve conflicts through strong mediation skills.
- Communicate clearly and have the ability to deliver complex messages and teach new concepts.
- Coaching and mentoring a team to maximize progress and potential.
- Are motivated and driven, and have the ability to influence and drive teams to success using Agile/scrum/Lean practices.
- Proven leadership experience in achieving successful project outcomes.
- Human Resource Domain experience (Preferred).
- Scrum Master Certification (Preferred).
- Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teamwork in and across teams and organizations.
- Fully committed to transparency in all situations.
- Helps teams self-organize and self-manage.
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-up meetings, reviews, estimation, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, burndown tracking and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Works collaboratively with Human Resource (HR) Business and EIT partner teams to support development and software delivery.
- Assists the HR Domain Product Owner and Technical Product Manager in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirements.
- Asks difficult questions, removes impediments, and makes issues and problems visible. Escalates as necessary.
- Ensures development team is working efficiently towards Sprint goals.
- Coaches the development team and stakeholders on how to use Agile/Scrum practices at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Ensures the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Ensures cross functional coordination (analysts, developers and testers) is occurring early and often.
- Recommends improvements and assists in changes to best practice.
- Identifies and manages issues and jeopardies with a clear grasp of the challenges/options until resolved
- Mitigates all risks and issues real-time, executing resolutions on demand.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams with diverse personalities, during high pressure scenarios, within extremely tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates awareness of Agile technology practices (e.g., Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration).
- Demonstrates ability to analyze project issues and challenges and proactively define alternatives.
- Demonstrates ability to work closely with delivery teams to establish expectations and ensure tasks remain on track.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Budget management.
- Demonstrates Scrum of scrums ability.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical discipline.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top