Financial Reporting Manager
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Financial Reporting team is responsible for T-Mobile's corporate financial reporting function and oversight of the financial reporting process. The department is also responsible for ensuring compliance with IFRS, US GAAP accounting standards and SEC regulations. The department is currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Manager. This is an individual contributor with no direct reports and is primarily responsible to manage and coordinate IFRS reporting with Deutsch Telekom (DT), our majority shareholder
- 7+ years relevant accounting experience preferably within a large company accounting environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant required.
- Deep understanding of business drivers and their effect on financial results required.
- Broad knowledge of accounting with strong decision-making skills.
- Experience with preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Proven professional with advanced understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems, with solid understanding of both US GAAP and IFRS. Experience with, SAP, BPC and Workiva experience a plus.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to interact with peers and team members to gain cooperation amongst the teams to meet objectives.
- Ability to develop and conduct presentations of technical information related to projects or accounting issues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required, and working knowledge of PowerPoint a plus.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
- Big-4 Public Accounting Firm experience with an SEC Registrant reporting preferred.
- Acts as primary contact for IFRS and DT Group reporting.
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analysis are properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner.
- Accountable for identifying and communicating risks and issues impacting financial area of responsibility.
- Establish structure and standards in order to continually ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Manage departmental projects and process changes in order to improve efficiencies in work processes and to reduce work in low value activities.
- Assist in the facilitation of the quarterly financial reviews.
- Assists in ad hoc SEC Reporting and US GAAP Reporting deliverables as required.
- Coordinate and actively engage with the internal Accounting Policy Group to implement new accounting pronouncements and review reporting changes in accordance with these policies.
- Understand transactional flow through numerous systems to monitor activity and ensure accurate financial results.
- Participate in enterprise projects to ensure appropriate requirements are developed based on a solid understanding of the impacted systems and the transactional flow, and ensuring regression testing is performed.
- Responsible for creating operational process for the functionality delivered on enterprise projects, including assessing control environment and potential audit requirements.
- Responsible for driving department goals and vision forward within the team.
- Provide review of work of other team members, providing constructive feedback, guidance and coaching to other team members while maintaining positive relationships.
- Coach and develop business, system, process and accounting acumen, including awareness of team member's career goals and promoting development of team members.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top