Field Technician - Omaha-Lincoln
T-Mobile is searching for a technician that is interested in the wireless field and all the ancillary equipment that comes with it. You must enjoy working outdoors and especially working with technology such as LTE radio equipment, fiber optics, DAS, and enterprise level networking. There are no limits to the learning potential and 5G is already begun construction. The right fit for this position will become part of a team consisting of two other technicians already supporting daily operations centered in Omaha-Lincoln and serving all of eastern Nebraska.
Acts as a technical contributor within and occasionally outside his or her immediate team. Responsible for staying current in technical theory, application, and operational discipline. Takes on technical and project-related efforts, providing communication as directed. The Technician has a solid understanding of theory and application related to project management, radio access networks, backhaul to sites, signaling, disaster recovery planning and response, data services, and location-based services. The Technician has a basic understanding of theory and application related to network design, capacity planning, power systems AC/DC, and grounding.
- Job location is in Omaha NE and surrounding areas. Applicant must reside within 50 miles of the Omaha NE metro area or relocate upon hire.
- Applicant must be available after hours and weekends for outage restoration of assigned sites.
- Applicant must be available for shift work during upgrade rotations.
- Timely restoration of equipment outages within the assigned area.
- Technical support: Provides technical support within and occasionally outside immediate team. Provides technical support in network performance initiatives, outage resolution, and regulatory compliance requirements such as EME.
- Project management: Takes on projects or portions of key projects / initiatives, providing accurate status and progress updates as requested.
- Operations: Identifies and shares potential process improvements and recommends them to Senior Technicians and / or management for consideration. Provides input on process improvements related to maintenance and repair activities. Assists in creation of job aids, scopes of work, method / statement of procedure, and helpful tools working closely with a Senior Technician.
- Continuous learning: Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to expand proficiency in company values and organizational requirements.
- Applicant is to meet the minimum DOT medical standards under 49 CFR Part 391
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to lift, carry, push or pull objects (weighing no more than 75 pounds.)
- This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another.
- This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist.
- This position requires squatting, crawling, kneeling.
- This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium.
- This position requires being able to feel, grasp, reach with hands and arms (outwards and/or upwards).
- Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods.
- Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods.
- This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
- Position requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Position requires being able to withstand working in a noisy environment.
- Position requires the ability to drive cars, trucks, or other equipment.
- Position may have exposure to extremes in temperature, humidity or wetness.
- Work day, afternoon, and graveyard shifts, weekend shifts, on-call, and Holidays.
- Climbs stairs or stepladders to reach equipment and cable trays.
- Works in all weather conditions and in remote areas.
- 4+ years' experience in wireless Field Operations and maintenance
- 3+ years' experience wireless telecommunications
- Understands basic RF Engineering, Radio Frequency theory, and Electricity and Electronics theory
- Operational knowledge and theory of all interconnecting circuits to include but not limited to T1, T3, microwave radio, and native Ethernet fiber.
- Operational knowledge of IP based interconnect/backhaul circuits
- Solid understanding of theory and application related to RAN, preferably Nokia.
- Self-motivated; exhibits initiative in achieving company goals and objectives
- Leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities
- Solve problems using creativity and innovation
- Accepts and provides constructive feedback
- Solid skills in Microsoft office products with advanced skills in Excel specifically.
- Solid communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Supports key projects, providing day-to-day updates to Senior Technicians and Manager as directed.
- Collaborates with team members, actively participating in discussions toward achieving results.
- Supports team by contributing 100% as an individual, while prioritizing team success.
- Heavily scrutinizes actions to ensure the customer experience is protected to the greatest extent feasible.
- Quickly adapts to change, seeking to understand the whole picture to best adapt.
- Openly share ideas to help gain efficiency, solve problems, or add value to the business.
- Demonstrates continuous desire to learn and develop personally and professionally.
- Solid understanding of theory and advanced understanding of application related to transport.
- Vocational/Technical Training. Two-year vocational degree in a technical discipline or related technical military training
- Experience with the following equipment vendors preferable. Nokia, Ceragon, Aviat, Purcell
License or Certification
Must have and maintain a clean driving record & license Applicant is to meet the minimum DOT medical standards under 49 CFR Part 391
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Two-year vocational degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience. Must have and maintain a clean driving record & driver's license. Meet the minimum DOT medical standards under 49 CFR Part 391. Ability to drive cars, trucks, or other equipment. Work day, afternoon and graveyard shifts, weekend shifts, on-call, and holidays. This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another; bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist; squatting, crawling, and kneeling; balancing and maintaining equilibrium; being able to feel, grasp, reach with hands and arms (outwards and/or upwards). Lift, carry, push or pull objects weighing no more than 75 pounds. Climbs stairs or stepladders to reach equipment and cable trays. Work in all weather conditions and in remote areas.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top