Enterprise Risk Manager
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Enterprise Risk Management team is responsible for developing, deploying, documenting and managing scalable and sustainable enterprise risk management programs, including programs that enable T-Mobile to understand, manage, and disclose to investors those risks that can have a material effect on a company's financial condition and results of operations. The Enterprise Risk Management job family works with all levels of the enterprise, including the Board of Directors, Board Committees, Officers & Executives and a broad range of business units across the enterprise. The Enterprise Risk Management team works closely with other governance functions, including those housed within Legal, Information Security, Technology, and Finance in order to determine options and impacts associated with various potential courses of action.
Additionally, the Enterprise Risk Management job family will:
- Prioritize protocols for improved enterprise risk assessments, decision-making, documentation, reporting, aligning to governance, regulatory, and contractual obligations, in addition to balancing risk, reward and opportunities;
- Accurately and effectively evaluate complex trade-offs and make decisions and/or recommendations how to proceed. Clearly articulate the costs of action and inaction to the enterprise;
- Leverage his/her expertise in working with management and analysts to develop and maintain an internal service model that timely informs the business of key risks and promotes business agility;
- Demonstrate consistent credibility with business partners when recommending initiatives, identifying gaps and potential issues. Influence business decisions, even in the most challenging circumstances;
- Identify opportunities to optimize value for the business through continuous improvement.
This is an individual contributor position reporting to the Sr Manager, Enterprise Risk Mgmt
- 5+ years of professional experience in a large corporate environment in risk management, information security, and/or internal audit required, with demonstrated understanding of enterprise-wide strategy and operations across multiple disciplines. 3+ years leading cross-functional initiatives, projects, and/or programs.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher. Graduate Degree desired.
- Proven ability to write clearly, fluently, and rapidly in highly-technical, multi-stakeholder environments for enterprise audiences
- Analyze and organize complex information from specific content areas, identifying key issues, assessing impact, and drawing reasonable conclusions. Consistently integrate seemingly unrelated information. Is able to apply and explain logic related to problems or opportunities.
- Proven ability to rapidly learn new concepts and ideas, and contextualize disparate information across broad, multifunctional domains. Ability to absorb and analyze business processes throughout the company and consider interaction/dependencies among processes.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, adapt to a constantly changing business environment, work independently, drive projects to completion, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with light-touch supervision.
- Proven ability to broker/steer difficult political situations. Networks effectively and is comfortable interacting with senior management. Ability to manage and work collaboratively and effectively within cross-functional relationships. Strong ability to influence behaviors and decisions, at all levels of the enterprise.
- Ability to thrive within the T-Mobile culture and organization, while fostering and promoting effective strategies for getting complex, interdependent projects or programs done across organizational units.
- Strong research, analysis, and computer skills, including the use of productivity, intelligence, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Stay current on relevant risk management, finance, telecommunications, and industry news and events.
- Professional certifications with organizations such as IIA, ISACA, ISC2, etc preferred
- Risk management, information security and privacy, and/or audit certifications strongly desired. Other professional certifications a plus.
- Published articles or writing samples that demonstrates subject matter expertise and is written in a concise, professional manner preferred.
- Lead and operate T-Mobile Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) programs, including the company's ERM reporting to the Board, Board Committees, Officers and Directors as well as disclosure of Risk Factors as a publicly-traded company. Lead, operate and continuously optimize risk programs and dynamic processes for managing key risks that can affect shareholder value. Consult and collaborate with executive leadership, management in multiple business functions and various subject matter experts on areas such as governance functions, enterprise-scale risks, opportunities, uncertainties and potential responses
- Lead and facilitate the creation and review of enterprise risk treatment plans and reporting (i.e. characterize and communicate) taking into account a broad range of risk management solutions that could include strategic, operational, organizational, capital structure, and risk market solutions. Present and provide well-reasoned analysis, briefing (verbal and written) and presentations to support ERM. Provide guidance and coaching to junior level staff members.
- Lead, participate and partner in the strategic development of the ERM framework, policies, programs, and related operational sub-sets. Consult for operational segments in developing organizationally-specific risk programs. Perform and oversee enterprise risk assessments. Construct detailed and summary reports of those assessments, including customized reports as needed
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top