Engineer, Technical Support (Service Assurance Operations NMS)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEngineer, Technical Support (Service Assurance Operations NMS)
This position serves as multiple disciplines to second level (Tier 2) technical support and engineering teams. This position performs consultative support to Network Management SA Operations teams in the delivery of highly complex support for, platforms, systems, applications and services. This position uses professional concepts to carry out expert level diagnostic investigation of customer-impacting network issues and provides technical leadership/guidance and advice to other engineers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing complex computer systems. This position identifies technical development opportunities for other engineers, develops and implements technical training programs as needed. This position analyzes, design, reliability and maintenance problems to the relevant T-Mobile and vendor organizations and provides design improvement recommendations to improve the customer experience or ease of operation long-term. The required support is performed over a wide array of platforms in the Network including, but not limited to UNIX based applications and working with outside vendors. This position is the technical lead on the supported systems and platforms. This position works with vendors on providing technical solutions for the system users.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Minimum Required
- Expert-level understanding of Operations and Maintenance procedures and Advanced Troubleshooting techniques across multiple platforms.
- Expert-level understanding of UNIX systems.
- Ability to multitask and effectively handle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work on call in a rotation.
- Solid understanding with most UNIX commands/utilities.
- Solid hands-on experience with ORACLE based applications.
- Excellent analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong vendor management skills, including issue escalation, negotiation of fix delivery dates and management of the service level agreements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3-5 years Experience with UNIX environments.
- 3-5 years Wireless industry experience in operations for Network Management software.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Knowledge of ORACLE database structures, basic SQL query writing, Unix shell scripting, Pearl, C++, Java scripts, and data manipulation.
- Experience with any of the following apps. HP Open view, HP NNMi, HP Network Automation, HP Server Automation, NetExpert, Resolve
- Applies expertise and experience on UNIX Systems to achieve proactive Operations and Maintenance of the network.
- 5+ years Wireless industry experience in operations for custom software.
- MCSE certification highly preferred.
- Bachelors Degree. Technical discipline
- In lieu of a degree, experience within telecom industry may be considered.
- Resolves highly complex technical design or service issues that cannot be resolved through normal operations and maintenance procedures and provides leadership for root cause analysis to drive issue resolution and limits impact to the customer. Assist with RPI/RFP/RFQ processes for new technologies and collaborate with T-Mobile peers, and Vendor technical organizations when required to drive long-term improvements. The Engineer is required to engage in vendor management issues, help coordinate updates for the team.
- Develops proactive initiatives geared towards exceeding network KPIs. Approves technical procedures written by other members of the Tier 2 ops organization.
- Devises and delivers training programs and supports documentation to other departments on new operation, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures.
- Leads Engineering and Vendor teams with the validation of new products following the SDLC process to ensure trouble free network introduction. This position will provide expert consultative support during major software upgrades as well as recommend settings.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top