Engineer, Technical Support (National Applications)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEngineer, Technical Support (National Applications)
Supports end to end production network and solutions design review, validation, testing and operations acceptance for all custom solutions used by the Network Operations Center, Service Desk, Care and various Technology teams. Performs diagnostic investigation into complex customer-impacting issues to resolve and identify root causes. Provide technical leadership, guidance and advice to other engineers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, testing and operating the network. Evaluate and report on design, reliability and maintenance problems to the relevant T-Mobile design or vendor organizations and provide design recommendations to improve the overall customer experience. This position provides Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support for custom solution developed using .NET (frontend) and SQL/Oracle DB (backend). Works on technical assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Resolve customer issues/complaints and provide leadership on outage calls in order to drive issues resolutions and limit customer impact. Ensure compliance to T-Mobile's outage reporting process and collaborate with Design, Development and vendor technical organizations when required to drive long-term product improvements. This role requires that the engineer participate in an on-call rotation on an as needed basis to ensure expert level support is available on 24x7 basis.
- Provides technical guidance to junior Engineers during resolution of customer issues to develop the technical troubleshooting and leadership skills throughout the Operations Support organization. Ensures that performance goals are maintained across the team.
- Provides guidance to Design & Development teams with the validation and deployment of new products and services to ensure customer experience does not degrade. This position will provide on-site and remote during major releases as well validate software changes. This includes exercising direction in regard to potential fallback scenarios should the release cause customer impact.
- 2-3+ years of Engineering or Operations experience managing and supporting applications in Windows environment. Windows administration experience (IIS, Sharepoint or Windows Server) preferred.
- Working knowledge of power shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience supporting applications developed in HTML5, .NET, C#, SQL or Oracle DBs.
- Working knowledge of app monitoring tools (eg. AppDynamics, DynaTrace, SiteScope, etc).
- Solid understanding of Operations and Maintenance procedures
- Ability to work cross functionally to identify and resolve network faults/issues
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Experience in the support and development of network management software
- Command of Windows OS
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, FTP, SNMP, Ethernet, Wireless LAN, and other WAN/LAN Protocols.
- 2-3+ years of DevOps experience supporting software solutions developed .NET framework.
- 2-3+ years of Network Management development experience in a large scale Operations environment.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top