Engineer, Systems Design Redhat, VMWare, Openstack
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEngineer, Systems Design
The System Design Engineer's role is to design, validate and deploy technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Network and Systems. Specific tasks may include the development and maintenance of designs for the virtualization platforms, applications, data centers, connectivity, validation plans, monitoring systems, reporting systems and engineering tools. The priority of these designs is to maximize reliability, performance, and efficiency while limiting costs and time to market. Responsibilities may include the evaluation and translation of requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements were met. Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Works on technical assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Qualifications
- 2+ Years' experience installing, configuring and administering RHEL 5.x, 6.x and 7.x in both physical and virtual environments.
- 2+ Years working with VM Ware, vCenter, vSphere and vRA.
- 2+ Years working with EMC or HP storage systems and software
- Knowledge of or experience with Cisco networks
- Knowledge of or experience with OpenStack components such as Nova, Swift, Glance, Neutron, and Cinder.
- Knowledge of or experience with Java, Java Script, and/or Python.
- Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
- The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science Or equivalent work experience
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Essential Functions
- Serve as a technical resource for business teams to help define, estimate, and propose solutions based on business requirements.
- Create technical design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the operational teams.
- Provide guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices.
- Responsible for designing scalable and adaptive infrastructure solutions that address business needs and satisfy operational needs within the Enterprise standards.
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure with minimal supervision including the ability to simultaneously support multiple strategically significant tasks under fixed/accelerated deadlines.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills. The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Provide guidance, leadership and expertise across operational teams and business partners
- Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on systems used. Able to document systems designs and business requirements. Provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations.
- LI-TECH-AS1T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top