Engineer, Systems Design & Implementation
T-Mobile is seeking an Engineer to focus their attention on the Design and Implementation for all Roaming Services. This Engineer will be part of a cross functional team through the Design, Requirements, Development, Implementation and ongoing Engineering of the Core Network Elements associated with this service.
This position is responsible for the definition, design, validation and implementation of a high availability solution to support TMUS Roaming Services. This position will work closely with internal TMUS teams to define a solution architecture and requirements. Responsibilities include verifying that systems and software which TMUS obtains from external vendors complies with TMUS requirements
- This position is responsible identifying and documenting technical requirements for the systems deployed in T-Mobile networks based on product and/or system architecture requirements.
- This position is responsible for conducting design reviews of assigned projects with engineering peer group to ensure requirements are complete and drive network architecture changes and evolution
- This position is responsible for design, implement and manage monitoring tools and solutions to proactively identify and resolve operational roaming issues.
- This position is responsible for design solutions to improve current processes and operations.
- This position is responsible for design automation improvements to current processes and operations.
- This position is responsible for the auditing, maintenance, and updates of core network configurations across multi-vendor nodes to ensure network consistency, seamless customer experience, and support network consolidation and pooling designs.
- This position requires working with cross-functional teams to implement and support company initiatives
- Analyze and provide input on Product Development and Network Evolution and Strategy initiatives for all Core Network Elements and Products
- Lead and transition new technology testing efforts to downstream teams
- Provide detailed feedback to vendor and internal teams
- Be pro-active and creative in identifying business challenges and matching innovative solutions
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customersÃ¢â,¬â¢ needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge with 3GPP, IMS & EPC core standards
- Knowledge in Sigtran, Diameter, SIP, ISUP, CAMEL, IMS/ICS, RCS, SR-VCC, VoLTE, ViLTE, EPC, Telecommunication technologies architectures and relevant protocols.
- Understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies and concepts.
- Experience with developing requirements, specifications and test plans.
- Vendor management experience and ability to negotiate contracts, SOWs.
- Effectively report status and presentations to management
- Experience with Netscout IRIS & Wireshark
- Apply project management, including risk analysis and issue mitigation.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems with Telecom emphasis
- Two plus years of Wireless Telecommunications Engineering/Design Experience
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top