Engineer, Systems Design- Firewall/Loadbalancing/DNS/Network
Engineer, Systems Design and Strategy
Do you want to work on the latest network and security technology? Do you want to be a part of an exceptional team of technical people who support nearly every internal customer at T-Mobile? Do you want to feel like you are directly contributing to the success of T-Mobile, and be part of the Uncarrier movement? Look no further! T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 300 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help.
The IP Network Engineer will participate as a member of the IP network engineering team for the design, engineering and implementation of a nation-wide IP Network.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Assisting in business, regulatory, marketing, product, technical and deployment requirements gathering and developing the technical solution.
- Assisting the development of the System Design Document (SDD).
- Work with internal customers to determine how to integrate their solutions onto T-Mobile's network.
- Be able to articulate the business drivers and to translate those requirements into a detailed network design.
Strong working knowledge within one or more of the following areas:
- Deploying large network backbones or integrating complex network technologies on a national basis.
- Familiarity with Cloud Technology concepts/programs.
- Security platforms including Checkpoint and Cisco
- IP routing protocols, including OSPF, BGP.
- Cisco routing and switching products and Cisco IOS, NXOX, XOS.
- Application traffic management LTM and GTM platforms including F5 and A10 products
- System administration of Solaris/Linux including OS installation and hardware configuration.
- Sun and HP hardware (SPARC, x86, HP Blade technologies).
- SAN systems including EMC, NetApp and Cisco Storage Switches
- Proactive in identifying and proposing new solutions / Work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to present technical material to management and customer groups.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Education and experience:
CCNA / CCNP/ CCIE / CISSP are preferred but not required.
Four year technical degree or equivalent experience.
3 to 5 years of relevant technical experience required
Proven track record in a fast paced, agile environment.
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top