Engineer, Systems Architecture Packet Core Performance
Engineer, Systems Architecture Packet Core Performance
The Systems Architecture Engineer's role is to develop and evolve the performance of the S/PGW and SGSN/GGSN Packet core network and design strategy and implementation recommendations targeted to improve customer experience for T-Mobile's LTE services. Specific tasks include creation of performance standards and improvement guidelines by working with various cross functional teams and equipment vendors for new technology such as IoT, Network Virtualization and 5G. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to translate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows specifically related to S/PGW and SGSN/GGSN. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently complete appropriate performance strategies and standards. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete performance strategy. Independent study of current technology is expected. Understands business value of technology concepts.
- Technical Engineering Services: Define, analyze, and optimize Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Network statistics for S/PGW and SGSN/GGSN. Analyze the impact of new major SW release and HW upgrades through the Lab Validation and First Office Application Process.
- Innovation: Provide strategy guidelines and recommendations to improve the performance of the network nodes and lead network trials and investigations to validate these recommendations. Analyze network statistics and trends to determine areas of improvement both for customer experience and network efficiency such as operational improvement, capacity maximization and performance analysis consistency.
- Technical Writing: Create clear documentation on performance guidelines. Able to document performance requirements and strategy. Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations that can translate technical issues into business impact.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop specifications for packet core nodes, emphasizing on Network Performance Measurement and Optimization. Coordinate and align regional and Tier2 investigation and troubleshooting of network issues, identified through network statistics and KPIs, and using network probes such as Netscout IRIS.
- Technology Strategy: Understands current technology that supports business goals. Lead new Services and Technology introduction by identifying critical Network KPIs and assessing the impact to customers and the network.
- 2+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Some Experience in telecommunications engineering
- Clear understanding of the LTE network basics
- Experience with Data Analytics preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and can build consensus across teams
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications or a related field
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top