Engineer, Systems Architecture - GIS Hadoop Python
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEngineer, Systems Architect
The System Design Architect role is to drive Geospatial analytics and deliver customer and network insights. Work with leading big data solutions and utilize geospatial techniques and deliver key solutions for improving customer experience. Design, validate and deploy technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Network and Systems. Specific tasks may include the development and maintenance of designs for the network, applications, data centers, connectivity, validation plans, monitoring systems, reporting systems and engineering tools. The priority of these designs is to maximize reliability, performance, and efficiency while limiting costs and time to market. Responsibilities may include the evaluation and translation of requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements were met. Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Works on technical assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership. Qualifications:
Required Skills:Minimum Required
- 2+ Years Technical engineering experience
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience with strong background in geospatial analytics
- 2+ years of experience with GIS software is preferred. MapInfo, QGIS, ArcGIS, Mapbox, CartoDB, PostGIS, Tableau
- 2+ years of experience with Hadoop,Teradata,SQL
- 2+ years of experience with Python with experience utilizing geospatial libraries
- Strong communication and organizational skills, able to communicate within various areas and functional groups of the company
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Preferred experience in Geospatial systems analysis, spatial modeling, spatial statistics
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science/Data Science
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Essential Functions
- Provide strategies and tactical means to evaluate geospatial datasets, characterize geospatial trends and discover meaningful geospatial relationships
- Organize, manipulate and create GIS datasets for analysis, reporting, data visualization and presentation purposes
- Utilize statistical techniques to uncover geospatial trends and derive customer and network related insights
- Query relational databases and develop new geospatial datasets. Automate recurring geospatial tasks using combination of scripting language and SQL
- Work with structured and unstructured data including geospatial data in the form of CSV, shapefiles, cluster, terrain, KML, census data, raster, vector types to improve network performance
- Work with external vendors to evaluate and influence deployment of new geospatial technologies and solutions
- Develop policies, procedures, standards, best practices for geospatial techniques and analytics for business users
- LI-TECH-AS1T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top