Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEngineer, Systems Architecture
Responsible for the Systems Engineering and design of T-Mobile's Radio Access Network. Perform feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features and services. Create functional designs, deployment procedures, and operational processes. Supports Support Lab and FOA validation of new features/services/platforms to ensure successful deployment and effective operations. Participates in multiple technical projects. This is a developmental technical position which requires implementing decisions made across the Technology Team, RAN feature analysis (both fiscal and technical), design of new features and technologies.
- Recognized understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies, and Concepts
- Basic understanding of Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc
- Basic understanding of GERAN, UTRAN and eUTRAN Functions, Interfaces, and Protocols (BSC, RNC, BTS, NodeB, eNodeB, IuB, Abis, IuR, A I/F, Ater, IuCS, IuPS, IuPC, S1, X2)
- Expereince with Nokia RAN platform is an advantage
- Ability to effectively contribute to multiple simultaneous projects and manage priorities effectively
- Demonstrated Technical Writing and presentation skills
- Proffiency with MS Office
- Able to work flexible hours, self- motivated and ability to work under pressure, effective interpersonal skills
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Roadmap/Vendor Management: Roadmap/Vendor Management: Drive vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
- Functional, Deployment, and Operational Design: Create functional network designs, MOPs, and standard operational processes to achieve optimum fit, integration, and operations efficiency. Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
- Support Network Validation: Develop lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features. Support the feature verification in lab and FOA when design level support is required. Sign-off on exceptions and approve designs.
- Feasibility Analysis: Support internal analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements.
- SME Operational Support: Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, troubleshooting and Operational teams for T-Mobile Systems.
- Engineer, System Design must demonstrate in-depth understanding of wireless network technologies and standards.
- Engineer, System Design must also be able to use their discretion to prioritize tasks and work items.
- Engineer, System Design must be a valued contributor to cross departmental project teams to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (In lieu of degree, 10 yrs of relevant Technical experience may be considered)
- 3+ years Technical experience with GERAN, UTRAN and/or eUTRAN Design Engineering (Nokia RAN experience preferred)
- Operational Experience in Technical Project Management, Performance Management, Capacity Planning, or Fault Management methods are a benefit
- Prior operational experience at a Tier 1 wireless carrier preferred
- IP Networking experience or relevant certifications a plus
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top