Engineer, Software (Data warehouse ETL Developer)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEngineer, Software (Data warehouse ETL Developer)
The ETL Developer is responsible for enhancing T-Mobile's NDW Platform. The NDW is a data warehouse that enables a single robust business analytics and operational data platform for T-Mobile's National Engineering & Operations organization to empower decision making by providing consistent and accurate information from disparate source systems.
The Technology Software Engineer will work with a team of other software developers and network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meet customer's requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments The engineer will participate in architecture and design of various software components focused on creating applications that leverage technologies such as virtualization, micro services, SDN, NFV, and Big Data platforms and technologies. Works on technical assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Analyze complex and disparate data sources and design, implement, and develop ETL processes using Data Services & Informatica with minimal supervision and keep business needs moving forward without delays
- Analyze SAP Business Objects Data Services ETL jobs and migrate them to Informatica ensuring performance requirements are retained
- Create data stores, jobs, work flows, data flows and custom functions
- Reverse engineer existing jobs/work flows, and provide performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Create ETL test scripts and test ETL jobs ensuring strong data quality
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 2+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area
- Experience in Data Warehouse ETL Development in a very fast paced environment
- Experience in ETL Development using Informatica
- Strong experience in SQL experience, preferably in SQL Server Environment, being able to understand SQL queries and tune for performance
- Recent work experience with Informatica CDC
- Strong experience in any scripting language
- Experience working with complex large scale source systems (relational and flat files)
- Prior work experience leading ETL development in agile lifecycle
- Prior experience working with small teams
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Engineering
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Interact with system engineers to define system requirement and/or necessary requirements for automation.
- Technical Engineering Services: Supports engineering projects by developing software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate engineers on occasion.
- Innovation: Presents new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service. Presents new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing system/process/service. Express new perspectives based on independent study of the industry. Review current company processes to highlight questions that may drive process refinement.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption at the engineer level.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns new technologies.
- Technology Strategy: Understands current technology that supports business goals.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top