Engineer, Software - Contact Center Technologies
The Contact Center Technologies (CCT) team is the call routing design force behind T-Mobile's best-in-class call center, retail, and enterprise environments. We are a fast-paced, Agile-guided, hard-working and fun-loving team focused on creating and delivering innovative solutions, such as T-Mobile's customer-obsessed Team of Experts solution.
As a CCT Design Engineer you will own technology designs, implementations, and support for Intelligent Customer Communication solutions and infrastructure. You will be passionate about solutions that empower Frontline Customer Care, Retail and T-Mobile's internal workforce to wow our customers and create positive experiences.
- Contributes to the technical vision and development of CCT domains and capabilities
- Discusses, designs, and develops contact center customer journey flows
Technology and System
- Performs reporting assessments and conducts training and/or mentoring sessions.
- Updates and enhances documentation templates.
- Effectively describes and explains all components of a Cisco contact center environment using level of detail appropriate to audience.
- Owns the majority of technical questions from customers without needing to perform research.
- Explores new features and gains experience with latest versions of Cisco applications.
- Provides internal feedback, documentation, and training.
- Maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Provides CCT Design expertise to on-call and after-hours support resources when required.
- Translates business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications or User Stories.
- Communicates design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
- Oversees implementation and deployment of designs.
- Facilitates reviews, demos and education sessions of technical designs.
- Utilizes product lifecycle methodologies, including Agile, Scrum, Waterfall as a guide for development activities.
- Gathers requirements and design to complete contact center solutions for various Cisco contact center products, including: Customer Voice Portal (CVP), Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE)
- Provides high quality written documentation for all application requirements, designs, validation and as-built.
Relationship and People Management
- Performs peer reviews
- Collaborates with architects and other Software Engineers on design.
- Collaborates with other Business and IT partner teams on successful delivery of product enhancements and support.
- Must be a team player, willing to learn new technologies and be flexible to work outside of regular business hours.
- Provide direction to a technical team to ensure consistency and interoperability between solution components.
- 5 or more years of experience in Contact Center Application Development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional relationship skills.
- Ability to work in a delivery environment that involves structured processes and aggressive timelines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing expectations and ambiguity.
- Extensive experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) used in an enterprise/back office environment.
- Cisco Unity Connection (CUC)
- Cisco Instant Messaging & Presence (IM&P)
- Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE)
- Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal (CVP)
- Cisco Video Communications Server (VCS) and/or Expressway
- Cisco IP phones, video endpoints, and Jabber soft clients
- Cisco voice gateways and Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Cisco Emergency Responder (CER)
Additional Desired Skills, Knowledge & Ability:
- Cisco Certifications are preferred
- Experience with UCCE options such as Cisco's Outbound capabilities
- Experience performing Cisco UCCE Script Design and Deployment
- Experience with a diagramming tool like Visio, Matlab, LabView, etc.
- Familiarity with Eclipse IDE
- Familiarity with Web Development
- Familiarity and exposure to Report Customization with CUIC, Aceyus
- Familiarity and exposure to any contact center 3rd party products including Aspect, eGain, Verint, Nuance, etc.
- Experience with
- Major programming languages like Java or C#
- SQL query and stored procedure development
- Web Service development
- Disciplined development methodology and release management process
- Requires a BA or BS Degree, preferably a technical degree, or equivalent industry experience.
Back to top