Engineer, Radio Network Technology Development
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEngineer, Radio Network Technology Development
The Radio Technology Development and Strategy Team within T-Mobile USA (TMUS) is responsible for conducting technology and industry research and completing the evaluation and development of new technologies to support our business objectives. The Engineer will together with other team members participate in and drive evaluation and testing of new technologies as well as develop business case analysis and recommendations to the business. This role provides a unique opportunity to guide radio technology direction for T-Mobile USA.
- Strong problem solving abilities and strong critical thinking.
- Passion and enthusiasm for Technology to solve business problems
- Interest and desire to learn new technology and work hands on with testing activities
- Understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies and Concepts
- Understanding of applicable Wireless Industry Air Interface Standards
- Desire to stay on top of wireless industry developments and ability to anticipate impact to T-Mobile
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Evaluate and establish the business benefit of select new radio technologies
- Evaluate and develop new innovations and technologies, as well as bringing the technology to life via demos, proof of concepts, lab and field trials.
- Perform capacity and performance modeling and evaluation of business benefits for new features/functionality and establish usage forecasting
- Develop cost/benefit analysis and present technology recommendations to management
- Develop technology roadmaps and plans together with vendors and technology partners to secure T-Mobile's competitiveness
- Do industry research on emerging technologies and spectrum related issues relevant to the T-Mobile business
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience or a Master's degree with a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top