Engineer, Radio Network Design
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEngineer, Systems Architecture
The System Architecture Engineer's role within the Radio Access Network group is to develop and evolve technical network and service architectures and design strategies to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Technology portfolio. Specific tasks may include the creation, adaption, or revision of detailed schematics of Radio Access network and service architecture, hardware and software selections, and implementation techniques and processes. May be required to perform, evaluate, or interpret network simulation, test results, or leading edge technology studies. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to translate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. Influence and drive industry forums. Works on technical assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise:
- The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Recognized understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies, and Concepts
- Basic understanding of Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc
- Basic understanding of GERAN, UTRAN and eUTRAN Functions, Interfaces, and Protocols
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Technical System Expertise: Understands LTE system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently complete appropriate network and service architecture, design strategies and standards. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Understands business value of technology concepts.
- Technical Engineering Services: Supports engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate engineers on occasion. Contributes to procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize Radio network architecture. Performs validation tests and inspection techniques and effectively documents results.
- Innovation: Presents new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service. Question and express new perspectives based on independent study of the industry trends and benefits. Review current company architecture, design strategies, standards and processes, highlight questions, and review with mentors to explore process refinement. Proposes and evaluates new technology that may solve business problems.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on systems and services used. Able to document systems architecture, design strategies, standards and business requirements. Provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations that may highlight system impact.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns new technologies. Understanding of technology roadmaps. Participates in lab and field trial activities in support of Proof of Concept.
- Technology Strategy: Understands current technology that supports business goals. Evaluates technologies and presents results within own Director organization.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering, Computer Science
- 2+ Years Technical engineering experience
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top