Engineer, Device Technology Develoment
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEngineer, Systems Architecture
The Device Technology Development Team within T-Mobile USA is responsible for designing new technologies into devices, conducting industry research and driving new technologies pertaining to the radio and core network to support our business objectives. The person filling this role will be responsible for various aspects of the design, evaluation and testing of new technologies, products and services.
- Familiarity with wireless network architecture, technologies and concepts
- Familiarity with wireless industry standards e.g. 3GPP, ITU, ANSI etc.
- General proficiency with MS Office.
- Programming skills e.g. Java, RUBY, Python and knowledge of common web services such as REST and SOAP interfaces is a plus.
- Database knowledge is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work cross- functionally in a fast paced and constantly changing work environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and possess the ability to convey results in a summarily and persuasive manner.
- Developing and maintaining designs for various network technologies in devices including LTE features, Internet of Things and other related technologies.
- Responsible for supporting testing and evaluation of these new features from proof of concept to lab and field trials.
- Define and document device requirements, define test strategy, support validation capability, and drive commercial launch.
- Working with multiple OEMs and Chipset Vendors, and with T-Mobile Marketing and Validation teams, to enable launch of the new technologies on T-Mobile commercial devices
- Document all work and, from time to time, prepare and present progress reports and conclusions to cross functional teams.
- Creating dashboards and reports on device technology features.
- Responsible for support and maintenance of tools used for device requirements and testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 2+ years' experience in a technical industry
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top