Engineer, Android/iOS Application Developer (S)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAre you ready to join the un-carrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Can you bring Un-carrier to everything you do?-Do you think outside of the box and aren't afraid to break the rules?
T-Mobile is seeking a Mobile Application Developer with Android or IOS development experience to join our team. This position will be responsible for developing mobile apps for Android and/or iOS. You will be charged with developing, testing, deploying, and supporting mobile apps. In addition, you work quickly and efficiently to solve problems with attention to detail, and are able to manage multiple projects effortlessly, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively with team members.
- Experience with interaction design, visual design, task flow analysis, and user testing.
- Must demonstrate experience designing for complex workflows and working with product development teams in an Agile environment.
- Experience with in market system level iOS and/or Android OS applications a MUST
- Experience writing iOS and/or Android clients for Web Services (REST, RPC, and/or SOAP)
- Experience with iOS and/or Android Activities and Fragments
- Experience with multi-threaded development on iOS and/or Android platforms
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Exposure to and general understanding of user-centered design methodology and human factors principles.
- Must possess demonstrable hands-on proficiency with respect to Unit testing and automated testing and refactoring tools such as Junit, Jasmine, Selenium, Cucumber.
- Is a proficient practitioner of Agile Software Craftsmanship principles and practices such as clean code, TDD, Continuous Integration, Legacy Rescue, and Agile Testing.
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result, and team-first attitude.
- Strong understanding of interactive touch/gesture interfaces, application development paradigms, memory management, file I/O, concurrency and multi-threading.
- Develop new solutions as well as fixing issues and errors with existing applications.
- Assist in finding effective and efficient solutions for application design and architecture and testing application performance.
- Test application performance and report issues with senior staff.
- Migrating the applications into the production environment, file management as well as assist in project documentation and code review of junior level staff.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related scientific discipline.
- Experience and/or desire to learn React Native programming for Android, iOS, or web apps
- 3+ years of experience developing software currently in market
- 3+ years of experience with iOS and/or Android application development at all levels of the stack.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea)
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development life cycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Welcome change and complexity. Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- You love learning and mentoring others.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top