Engineer â Telephony Network Engineer (S)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAre you ready to join the uncarrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Can you bring Uncarrier to everything you do?-you think outside of the box and aren't afraid to break the rules.
T-Mobile's software developers develop a wide variety of technologies that change how millions of users connect and interact with one another. We're looking for ideas from diverse areas including third party billing, authentication and access, services, security, user interface, data persistence and analytics, tools and automation, etc.
The Telephony Network Engineer (Kamailio/FreeSWITCH/OpenSIPS/Asterisk) is a position that will involve design, development, deployment, troubleshooting, and maintenance of various tools and services that support T-Mobile's network.
This is a role that requires individuals to be versatile in their skillsets ranging from IP networking, VoIP knowledge, software development, working open-source systems among other things.
Indepth knowledge of continuous improvement and continuous delivery preferred
- Indepth knowledge of server operating systems required (RedHat, Ubuntu, Windows 10, Windows server)
- Indepth knowledge and experience supporting enterprise solutions preferred
- Indepth knowledge of enterprise monitoring solutions preferred (ELK, Zabbix)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (advanced networking/switching/routing) preferred
- Knowledge of Network Functions Virtualization in Mobile environments preferred
- Development of applications that use or implement RESTful services preferred.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or largescale software development life cycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Welcome change and complexity. Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- You love learning and mentoring others.
- Work with network architects and Product Managers to deploy, implement, and support new products and features in the VoIP network.
- Maintain and monitor voice products.
- Create documentation outlining the design and support of voice products.
- Liaison between Systems Admins, IP Network Engineers, Technical Architects and Product Managers to support the needs of the various voice products.
- Provide final escalation point and training for T-Mobile's NOC and client service departments as subject matter expert for T-Mobile's voice products.
- Perform regular off-hour maintenance for T-Mobile's voice products.
- Writing python or equivalent scripts (or via Jenkins) with vendor and internal customers to deploy, in an automated fashion, software across existing servers (virtual or bare metal) that run a Java AS such as Oracle Weblogic
- Writing and implementing python or equivalent scripts with vendor and internal customers to scalein/scaleout Virtual Machines and perform OS/Application configuration management within an Openstack or VMWare environment
3+ years of experience in SIP, Kamailio, Asterisk, OpenSIPS, FreeSWITCH or other related VoIP technologies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency at operating in a pure Linux environment.
- Ability to understand basic to intermediate SQL.
- Experience with interpreted programming languages and/or shell scripting (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Familiarity with open source network tracing tools such as Wireshark/tshark and Ngrep
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top