Director, Tech Design & Product Management
The Director, Tech Design & Product Management reports directly to the Senior Director, Technology Design and Product Management and will build, maintain and optimize products in market to improve the customer experience, reduce product costs and increase product efficiencies. He/she will be innately customer focused, and be able to balance competing trade-offs between consumer needs, business priorities, and development and operational complexity. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
In this role you will provide leadership oversight of product and development resources for the Account Management Capability within the Digital Space.
Responsible for building and leading a high-performing digital product and technology team consisting of product, software development, test and devops skills. Significant emphasis will be placed on operational excellence and identifying opportunities for innovation to ensure T-Mobile's leadership position within an increasingly competitive industry landscape. This role will also be a technology evangelist in establishing T-Mobile as a leading technology company.
Success will be measured through the team's ability to design and deliver world class capabilities to our customers leading to increased product adoption, increased digital sales, and satisfied customers. Operational excellence will be measured through reliability, availability, vulnerability, downtime, time to value and cost metrics. This position will be an active participant in driving strategy, championing new initiatives based on best practices, leading cross functional initiatives, and supporting ongoing operations.
- Identify market opportunities, and define the product and technology roadmaps based on a strong understanding of consumer needs and in-depth data analysis.
- Actively plan and manage a portfolio of high quality products & services through end-to-end product lifecycle of envisioning/investing/sustaining/retiring.
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership by working collaboratively with business leadership, Enterprise IT, and key internal/external partners to align all parties and deliver product and technology vision.
- Continually optimize the product and technology roadmaps, manage prioritization and trade-offs on customer requirements, market landscape, industry trends and investment plan.
- Execute the design, development, and operations of systems that are highly performant and maintain high availability.
- Lead system design of highly scalable systems with native telemetry and monitoring in mind; enabling self-healing systems.
- Define frameworks and enable capabilities to support development teams in modernizing legacy application architecture and infrastructure to empower CI/CD.
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in area of specialty and incorporate these innovations where appropriate.
- Drive innovation, improvement and adoption of industry leading practices including open source, CI/CT/CD, cloud, microservices/container architecture.
- Lead a team and effectively organize resources appropriately to achieve business objectives.
- Accountable for department budget, delivery and service performance, optimizing cost of service delivery, ensuring services are meeting or exceeding service levels.
- 15 + years of experience owning, managing and delivering large transformation projects.
- Ability to work independently and support multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Extensive experience developing and delivery of large-scale business systems.
- Progressive leadership experience in setting technology and/or product strategy and operations.
- Proven success interfacing with non-technical and technical counterparts with demonstrable capabilities of effecting change.
- Knowledge of Telecom Network and IT Architecture, Technologies and concepts in the following areas: - Retail & Customer Care - Portals, Rich Internet Applications and Web Development - Business Process Management and workflows - Big Data, Master and Meta Data Management - CRM, Billing, Provisioning - Enterprise Application Integration, SOA, ESB, Messaging - Enterprise Product Catalog - Mobile Software - Telecom Frameworks - EA Frameworks - Cloud Platform.
- Previous experience in technical product management a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical Discipline.
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and resourcefully
- Strong customer-facing skills (oral, written and verbal skills); ability to define and articulate complex process flows and system flows to business leaders in other departments
- Strategically-minded, contributes to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company
- Customer-obsessed; considers the impact on customers with every business decision
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals
- Demonstrated leadership capability in recruiting, retaining and developing a dynamic, high-performing team
- Sets performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top