Director, Social Media
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.As a key member of the marketing organization, the Director, Social Media will play a critical role in leading the company’s enterprise-wide social marketing efforts. The Director will harness integrated marketing communications, brand building, corporate communications, stakeholder engagement and issues management to advance T-Mobile’s brand via social media, helping to attract and retain customers as well as enhance and preserve corporate reputation. S/he will oversee a centralized social media strategy and execution to ensure brand alignment and prioritized, integrated social media engagement across the business.
The Director will work in close partnership across Marketing, Public Relations, Customer Care (T-Mobile Call Centers), Retail and Web to ensure social media strategy is aligned to deliver on the objectives of the company. This leader will provide data, analytics and innovative thinking to evangelize social media strategies with senior leadership.While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- Significant experience developing brands within social media; proven track record of developing and executing innovative and impactful social media campaigns.
- Thrives in a real-time, social media centered environment.
- 10+ years developing and managing complex integrated marketing and communications programs in a fast paced, high volume marketing, advertising and/or PR/Communications function for a consumer-focused corporation or digital/social agency.
- Technology and/or wireless industry experience is a plus
- 10+ years’ experience building and leading powerful teams; demonstrates strong leadership for a direct team, as well as cross functionally.
- Experienced with agency/vendor management, brand governance, digital tools, blogger relations, and measurement/reporting.
- Knows the ins and outs of social channels and uses them effectively for work and/or personal.
- Ability to utilize use cases and data analysis to present/pitch concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Advertising, Journalism, English, PR or related field required.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Top notch leader and developer of talent
- A visionary; understands the future of social media
- Strong organizational skills; strategic, proactive and assertive, with a demonstrated ability to anticipate issues
- Creative with a maverick, innovative spirit; idea driven
- Strong communication skills and executive presence; comfortable presenting to all levels of the organization, from front line to executives; can think on their feet
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, real-time and dynamic environment.
- Strong collaborator and team player. Skilled at getting results both directly and indirectly.
- Comfortable rolling up their sleeves; can effortlessly balance strategic and tactical aspects of the job.
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Develop, communicate and oversee a strategic plan for building T-Mobile’s brand and enhancing customer loyalty via social media.
- Oversee content and grow T-Mobile’s advocates across its social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, LinkedIn, etc.). Recommend and create/oversee content strategies including social advertising.
- Develop and direct social media campaigns building awareness for all TMUS and its products and services, including various business units, Hispanic marketing, and B2B.
- Identify opportunities to align and integrate social media, marketing and retail to drive e-commerce leads.
- Integrate and inform T-Mobile’s approach for servicing customers via social media. Develop and foster internal alignment and integration with key stakeholders including paid media, advertising, CRM, digital, sponsorships and events and corporate communications.
- Develop and manage T-Mobile’s program for employees and advocacy identifying, growing and engaging loyal online brand advocates.
- Ensure T-Mobile’s brand and reputation are enhanced by social media activities; integrate with PR to actively manage through communications issues using social media.
- Cultivate talent and develop resources needed for organizational success within thesocial strategy, platform and operations arenas.
- Manage and provide leadership, mentoring, coaching and career development planning for team members. Ensure productivity is maximized and quality is delivered.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top