Director, SAP Platform COE
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comT-Mobile has a significant investment in SAP as one of its core strategic platforms and is looking to hire a Director, SAP Platform COE to build a shared service to provide deep technical expertise and technical governance of our overall SAP landscape. This new Center of Excellence (CoE) will partner closely with T-Mobile functional teams, the business and the SAP managed service provider to ensure that we maximize our SAP investment and integrate efficiently and consistently with the broader ecosystem.
S/he will be responsible for building and leading a team of senior SAP platform and data architects who will partner with key stakeholders and leadership to provide technical leadership and governance. This team of SAP experts will support transformation, delivery and realization of SAP solutions across several areas including; finance, supply chain, analytics/Business Intelligence (BI), Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and other areas as needed.
- Significant experience building and leading SAP architecture and governance functions at an enterprise level including the creation and architecture standards, reference architectures and data models
- Experience integrating SAP solutions into a broad array of non-legacy technologies and architectures
- Proven ability to engage successfully with senior executives and business leaders to understand and translate business requirements into technical strategies and architectures
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Deep knowledge of SAP technical and functional architecture, data model along with new and emerging SAP capabilities
- Knowledge of SAP capabilities in the areas of financials, supply chain, BI/analytics and GRC preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Technology required; Master's in Technology or MBA is highly preferred
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build work across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creates a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Holds others accountable by monitoring progress and results, and giving effective feedback; able to make tough decisions when appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals
- Takes a constructive and proactive approach to problem solving
- Professional with a high degree of integrity and honesty
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Own and lead overall SAP technical governance in partnership with T-Mobile functional teams and the SAP managed service provider
- Continually assess the impact of emerging SAP technologies against strategic business needs and interpret business value for the leadership team in a consultative capacity
- Own Executive level communication and interaction including consulting, understanding and translating business/functional needs and strategies into achievable and sustainable technical architectures
- Hire, coach, train and lead a high caliber and diverse team of professional SAP architects who will provide SAP platform and data architecture expertise to the enterprise
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of new and existing SAP applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing technical standards, guidance and reference architectures
- Lead efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivated and effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top