Director, Quality Engineering
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Director, Quality Engineering will establish and drive a world-class Enterprise IT Quality Engineering organization with direct responsibilities over digital QA transformation and delivery. Develop the strategy and roadmap for transformation to a continuous delivery environment to significantly improve the time to market and quality of products and projects that EIT delivers to the business. Define the strategy and execute a plan that will derive a quality assurance method that will achieve functional, performance, and integration validation that continually improves deployment efficiency of new capabilities across T-Mobile EIT deliveries.
The ideal candidate is deeply technical with knowledge of agile and continuous delivery frameworks. You should be an expert in test automation ensuring our platforms are of the highest quality while balancing our need to move quickly. Above that, your demonstrated experience as a notable people leader is what will escalate your success - you will hire effectively, inspire and grow both managers and ICs with a vision to make EQRE good to great.
The Director will lead approximately 30 FTEs, as well as the strategic relationship and contractual agreements for managed service providers, ensuring high-quality software delivery practices. Participate in the strategy, evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of quality assurance tools and technologies. More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:While the quality and accomplishments of a person's career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- 10+ years' experience in IT delivery, operations, quality, product development or a combination, with experience leading a large-scale Quality Engineering organization
- Proven track record of leading transformation; has built KPIs and delivered strong results
- Experienced with customer-facing IT systems/applications
- Possesses a deep understanding of Agile and driving continuous improvements
- Experience developing test automation strategy and process is desired
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's a plus
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Highly detail and process oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship skills
- Collaborative, yet influential
- An inspirational leader and skilled team builder
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment
- Develop the strategy and build the next generation EQRE
- Collaborate with IT and business stakeholders to transform the QA process as a partner to development and operations.
- Oversee the day to day quality assurance automated delivery with a focus on end to end customer experience.
- Ensure products and projects move through the QA process in a timely manner and result in a quality solution for deployment. Develop partner dashboard with actionable KPIS for partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver automation strategies to reduce labor expense and increase time to market and reliability.
- Prioritize and execute on sustainable improvements that will ensure a closed loop process to include all stakeholder feedback.
- Identify product functional, performance and experience issues during new product development using behavior driven development. Establish process to identify and resolve experience issues prior to product release.
- Transform team to continuous delivery with global best practices for quality assurance given business needs and budget constraints.
- Establish, implement and measure KPIs for results based deliverables.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top