Director, Operations & Supply Chain
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Director, Operations & Supply ChainWhile the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required within Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain; Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively more responsible management & leadership roles within Telecom & Engineering organizations.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems.
- 10+ years of experience in Distribution and Supply Chain Operations and Management.
- Proven success leading a large, geographically dispersed organization (70+ FTE).
- 5 years of SAP experience (ERP, Supply Chain, Ordering, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively, internally, upward and cross functionally.
- Large scale Program & Budget management experience.
- Strong organizational skills at the Executive levels and within the Technology function.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- An innovative thinker that can respectfully challenge status quo and drive change.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Proven skill in accelerating change; forward looking.
- Assertive and able to influence across all levels, including influencing others without direct position power.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- An inspirational leader, mentor and motivator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator who speaks with authority and conviction.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated sound business judgment.
- Organizational agility and the ability to read the subtle nuances of a situation and react/plan accordingly.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and manage available resources.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Cultivates and delivers future state vision and strategy for Technology Supply Chain and related business systems that guides the evolution of T-Mobile’s network.
- Develops upstream/downstream strategy and processes to improve supply chain. Implements system monitoring to address root-cause issue(s) and increase efficiency.
- Drives all continuous process improvement initiatives: providing critical analysis of current process to identify areas of opportunities (tools, inventory, safety, etc.) for improving planning, forecasting and inventory turns. Improved Focus on cell site builds, end of life, and life cycle processes across the engineering organization.
- Work cross-functionally to gain understanding of demand trends and inbound forecasts. Oversee cross-functional team to identify obsolete inventory in a timely manner and to fully understand and bridge any gaps in supply and demand.
- Ensures supply forecast is shared/received in the format, level of detail, and timing required by all customers and supply chain partners with documented assumptions. Analyzes performance and trends, identifies opportunities and risks, and proactively communicates to cross-functional teams.
- Ensures appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively in accordance with SOX and industry best practices.
- Partners with Engineering, Sales, Marketing to develop supply chain programs and strategies which contribute to enterprise goals consistent with the overall corporate strategy, while considering supply chain constraints.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top