Director, National Siting Advocacy
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Director, National Siting Advocacy will direct management of National Siting Policies, including proactive management of national messaging, community relations, public relations, and political and community partnerships at the Region and Market level. S/he will lead a nimble team of employees and outsourced resources collaborating cross-functionally with Headquarters/Corporate, Market & Regional leaders and specialist Legal Affairs counsel.
The Director will align T-Mobile Federal Government Affairs, State Legal Affairs, Land Specialist, and Legal teams to development effective communication tools and consistent messaging for the Region and Market leaders. Along with opportune media engagements, s/he will and influence Engineering Development from the market level to the Chief Technology Officer and external City Council and State Regulatory Officials.
- Knowledge of FCC proceedings and related policy issues.
- Knowledge of regulatory process as it relates to the wireless industry.
- Developed and managed public relations and corporate communications objectives, with proven leadership and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in presenting and speaking to the public and governmental entities.
- Navigated corporate and governmental environments within a corporate group context.
- Led medium to large-sized teams dispersed in multiple locations.
- Significant experience with media communications and public affairs.
- Substantial experience working for or with a wireless carrier, regulatory/governmental/external affairs consulting firm, a utility, or a municipality, or in a Planning, Zoning, and Land Use capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in Public Policy or related preferred, JD a plus.
PERSONALCHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company.
- Strong business acumen.
- Collaborative, yet influential; a strong negotiator who speaks with conviction while also willing to flex and compromise in order to create the best solution for the needs of the customer and the business.
- Ability to address and realize both long-term and short-term goals and objectives.
- Organizationally savvy; utilizes partnerships across the organization and leverages knowledge of formal and informal decision-making processes to accomplish work objectives.
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creating a cohesive and inspirational team environment.
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, regardless of audience, medium, or forum.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Professional with a high degree of integrity and honesty.
- A visionary who sees the bigger picture.
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment.
- Designs community relations and public affairs programs related to education of the public and media to accomplish successful siting. Leads implementation of National Siting Advocacy strategies at the region and market levels.
- Partners with Legal Affairs compliance counsel on issues and procedures at national, state, regional and local levels for topics such as NEPA, environmental, FAA/AM/EME, right of way agreements, land use rights and zoning regulations.
- Leads a group cross functional team including Legal Affairs, Regional Development, outside legal counsel, Government Affairs and Regional Corporate Counsel on trends, strategy, and resolving site-related issues.
- Coordinates interactions with local elected and appointed officials and lobbies on behalf of the company on key policy initiatives.
- Directs siting media relations, communications and outreach processes in conjunction with National and cross-functional teams as they support site build goals.
- Leverages goal-setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and performance evaluation to support performance and behavior objectives for direct and indirect reports in the function. Recognizes development needs and identifies/creates development opportunities within the workgroup. Contributes to succession, diversity, and talent pool planning. Creates an environment for ongoing peer development.
- Informs Headquarters/Corporate, Market, and Regional leaders about new requirements and regulations of government entities and municipalities.
- Engages public officials including state regulatory officials and representatives through oral and written advocacy on priority issues as identified by T-Mobile Senior leadership.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top