Director, IT Development â Financial Services
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comT-Mobile has a significant opportunity to provide additional financial products and services to its base of 69,000,000 customers through more than 20,000 unique distribution points. T-Mobile recently created a separate captive finance company to capitalize on this opportunity and is looking to hire a Director, IT Development Financial Services to lead development and delivery of several key transformative Consumer Lease & Loans Financial Systems and platforms, building increased functionality and long term capabilities in support of T-Mobile’s goals and business objectives.
S/he will partner with key business stakeholders, including T-Mobile’s CFO, to drive transformation, delivery and technical realization of financial solutions across several areas including; Customer Credit and Financing (lease & loan) creating efficient and innovative platforms for internal and external customers.
This person is responsible for building and leading a growing a team of architects, solution owners, developers, testers and analysts in the development, delivery and support of solutions and services to satisfy emerging business needs. Significant emphasis will be placed on identifying opportunities for innovation in order to ensure T-Mobile’s leadership position within an increasingly competitive industry landscape.
- Significant experience leading financial solution delivery using a continuous delivery model including the use of Agile, DevOps and related toolsets.
- Direct experience and accountability for development, delivery and operation of financial systems and financial platforms.
- Possess a thorough understanding of financial system solutions delivery and implementation in a consumer loan/ lease environment and or captive environment.
- Proven ability to engage successfully with senior executives and business leaders to understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions and roadmaps.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Services Lending and Leasing preferred. If not Oracle OFSLL, Fair Isaac/FICO, or ABSS Asset backed security platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology required; Master’s in Technology or MBA is highly preferred.
PERSONALCHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build work across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth.
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creates a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results.
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions.
- Holds others accountable by monitoring progress and results, and giving effective feedback; able to make tough decisions when appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Takes a constructive and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Professional with a high degree of integrity and honesty.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Own overall IT business relationship and IT solutions in support of the captive finance organization and other finance requirements with a heavy focus on the internal and external customers.
- Oversee delivery and integration of new financial platforms supporting the transformation of the T-Mobile consumer credit, lease & loans financial systems.
- Lead the overall solution delivery lifecycle from business/technical requirements, including architecture; through design, code delivery, testing, deployment and support.
- Grow and transform the organization to enable continuous delivery leveraging Agile, DevOps and extensive automation.
- Own Executive level communication and interaction including consulting, understanding and translating business needs into achievable and sustainable technical solutions and capability roadmaps.
- Direct and manage external vendors and consulting teams for large scale projects and ensure successful delivery of complex projects and timelines.
- Continually assess the impact of emerging technologies against strategic business needs and interpret business value for the leadership team in a consultative capacity.
- Hire, coach, train and lead a high caliber and diverse team of professional analysts and statisticians.
- Lead efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivated and effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top