Director, IT Delivery Management
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Director, IT Delivery Management will be responsible for building and leading the PMO organization within a specific domain area for Enterprise Delivery. The selected candidate will have deep knowledge in program/project management also technical experience in Security, Technical Operations, Back Office, Business Intelligence, Supply Chain, and Financial systems. S/he will lead a collaborative Program Delivery team that can work across the organization to develop an effective, transparent, cohesive, and high quality process while aligning technology capability, continuous delivery strategy and business strategy.
S/he will be responsible for managing a portfolio of approximately $150M in IT programs. The Director will fully execute continuous delivery and agile program management approach to yield a more rapid delivery cycle and a better-quality product.
The Director, IT Delivery Management will lead a team of roughly 25 staff, of both managers as well as individual contributors. S/he will also be responsible for managing strategic partnerships and contracts with the company's technology vendors to optimize service costs and the appropriate balance of in-house and outsourced resources.
S/he will collaborate closely with technical solution owners within T-Mobile's IT and enterprise business owners to develop and ensure consistently high quality delivery of technology capabilities that will enable business value creation. Additionally, the Director will be accountable for financial stewardship of all programs within their business channels. The Delivery Management Director will ensure that a Portfolio and Infrastructure strategy are flawlessly executed. While the quality and accomplishments of a person's career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- Extensive experience in IT program management
- Proven track record of developing and implementing winning technology strategies within a large, complex organization
- Has effectively led Agile transformation at an enterprise level (organizational change management)
- Understands the approaches and challenges of a continuous delivery roll-out
- Knowledge and understanding of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures used to effectively manage a large-scale enterprise-wide program portfolio
- Security, Technical Operations, Back Office, BI, Offers and Devices experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA is preferred
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Collaborative, yet influential; a strong negotiator who speaks with conviction while also willing to flex and compromise in order to create the best solution for the customers' and business's needs.
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Organizationally savvy; utilizes partnerships across the organization and leverages knowledge of formal and informal decision-making processes to accomplish work objectives.
- Able to effectively manage multiple programs with complex inter-dependencies while remaining quality-focused. Raises the bar.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Possesses a low ego; celebrates the success of others in the business; passionate for helping the customer do their job better.
- An inspirational leader and skilled team builder.
- Agility; thrives in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment.
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Deliver on strategy and plan to significantly improve the quality and delivery timeline of products and programs.
- Establish and administer a technology portfolio roadmap that aligns with business goals and objectives.
- Execute on program management continuous improvement policies, standards and processes.
- Drive a cultural change with business and technology stakeholders as we establish an agile program environment.
- Provide executive key stakeholders with timely risk assessment and visibility of portfolio and component performance. Develop the process for early identification of (and intervention into) portfolio-level issues and risks that are impacting performance. Provide appropriate mitigation plan for the program teams.
- Drive the execution of multiple work streams by identifying customer and operational needs; analyzing resources, costs, and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans.
- Actively manage performance metrics and successfully operationalize to deliver repeatable and predictable outcomes.
- Build a highly skilled and engaged workforce by aligning resource plans with business objectives; recruit, select, and develop talent.
- Direct the work of program teams by assembling team resources that align team member skills and strengths with program demands; lead team activities to ensure program milestones are achieved.
- Motivate teams and prepare individuals for growth opportunities and advancement.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top