Director, Financial Operations, Payments
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Director is responsible for providing strategicleadership over the payment exceptions processes. Drive richanalytics and insights into all areas of ownership to improve the customerexperience, drive costs out of the business and execute on noiseless
processes. Work closely with aligned businesses including customer andfinancial care to balance a great customer experience with financial controlsover payment processes and operations. Lead and further develop an alreadybest in class Cash Applications team.While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- Bachelor degree is required with a concentration in finance, business management or IT; graduate level degree strongly desired
- Progressive leadership roles in back office payment operations andpayment systems
- Extensive experience in payment products and services, includingcredit and debit cards, Automated Clearing House, NACHA, andother payments related rules and regulations
- Proven track record of driving or partnering with IT on complexprojects
- Strong business acumen able to identify and work with key businesspartners to maximize business results
- Strong systems and software technical aptitude, including proficiencywith Microsoft Office Suite
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Applies critical thinking in identifying, assessing and resolving issues
- Self-starter with a drive and motivation to succeed in an ever changinghighly competitive environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding bothrigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions
- Strong cross functional ability to network across an organization thatis experiencing rapid growth
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherentoverarching strategic vision for the company
- Sound business judgment; able to take initiative yet know when it’snecessary to escalate an issue based on the impact its outcome mayhave on the business
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability ofboth routine and important tasks and decisions
- Professional with a high degree of integrity and honesty
- Executive presence and maturity, ability to present ideas andbusiness propositions to senior leadership
- Collaborative, yet influential
- Strong ability to balance competing priorities
- Optimize the customer experience through evaluation of currentbusiness rule sets, process improvements and system enhancements in partnership with Care, Retail, Treasury, and others.
- Reduce costs and drive efficiencies via automation, elimination andtransfer of processes.
- Effectively partner with leaders who own aspects of customerpayment flow, such as Care, Retail, Treasury, EIT, Accounting,Marketing, and Legal.
- Provide direction, knowledge and expertise to reduce the volume ofpayment exceptions.
- Strengthen controls in the areas of subscriber refunds, missingpayments, chargebacks, returns, defaults, payment reconciliations, and others.
- Ensure compliance with payment industry rules and regulations.
- Drive analytics to automate and streamline our processes andsystems.
- Drive resolution into areas of leakage in the payments flow, includinghand-offs between payment systems, lack of system functionality, etc.
- Ensure the team executes core payment projects, ensuringcompliance with industry rules and regulations while enhancingpayment processes.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with out-source partnersas well as manage vendor contracts.
- Hire, train, coach and lead a high caliber and diverse team.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top