Director, Engineering Systems & Planning-Messaging Services
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe key objective of this role is to anticipate, develop and engineer T-Mobile’s Messaging Core Services to support a Converged Messaging Environment. The Director is expected to continuously identify opportunities to improve service delivery efficiency while maintaining a rock solid & reliable Messaging Core. As a leader responsible for making key technical decisions and managing over $30M in Capital and Operating Expenditure, this leader is required to exercise sound technical and financial acumen in vendor/partner selection for the next generation technology and infrastructure.
While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- Bachelor degree is required with a concentration in Engineering/Computer Science; graduate level degree strongly desired.
- 10 years of management and leadership experience with progressive leadership roles
- Proven Experience with Messaging Core Nodes
- Experience with GSM/UMTS and wireless technologies and knowledge of data communications protocols and technologies such as: IP, Database Architecture and Implementation.
- 10+ years within the Wireless/PCindustry
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to apply critical thinking in identifying, assessing and resolving issues.
- High level of self-motivation, analytic aptitude and exceptional multitasking ability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build a strong network across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth.
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Sound business judgment; able to take initiative yet know when it’s necessary to escalate an issue based on the impact its outcome may have on the business.
- Ability to set performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creates a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results.
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions.
- Holds others accountable by monitoring progress and results, and giving effective feedback; able to make tough decisions when appropriate.
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- As part of Messaging Core responsibility, lead development and design for all Messaging nodes including RCS, SMS, MMS, and Voicemail.
- As part of Converged Messaging responsibility, lead development and design for Central Customer Database and Message Store systems.
- Lead cross-functional teams to bring multiple messaging products into market.
- Develop strategies and plans to reduce operating cost and drive Messaging Service quality.
- Proven success in development and implementation of Operating and Capital budgets.
- Play the lead role in selecting vendors/partners and manage an annual budget of over $30M.
- Responsible for those handling contract negotiations and ensuring efficiency and profitability for the company.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top