Director, Eng Systems & Planning â Regulatory Services Engineering
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Director, Engineering Systems and Planning - Regulatory Services Engineering will be instrumental in T-Mobile's preparation for providing Next Generation 911 services. The Director will anticipate, develop and engineer T-Mobile's Regulatory Services which provide customers multiple features including Number Inventory, 911 Voice and Text, Lawful Intercept, and Wireless Emergency Alerting. This leader will continuously identify opportunities to improve service delivery efficiency while maintaining a highly accurate and reliable Core. Responsible for making key technical decisions and managing both Capital and Operating Expenditure, he or she will exercise sound technical and financial acumen in vendor/partner selection for the next generation technology and infrastructure. While the quality and accomplishments of a person's career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- Possesses 10 years' management and leadership experience with progressive leadership roles
- Proven experience with Location Based Services Core Nodes
- Experienced with GSM/UMTS and wireless technologies, and knowledge of data communications protocols and technologies such as: IP, Database Architecture and Implementation.
- Must have 10+ years' experience within the wireless industry
- Experience managing operating and capital budgets
- Bachelors degree in Engineering / Computer Science required; Masters degree in Engineering / Business preferred
- Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to quickly identify, assess, and resolve issues; a strong critical thinker.
- Level-headed and calm under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build a strong network across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth.
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions.
- Ability to set performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creates a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results.
- High level of self-motivation, analytic aptitude and exceptional multi-tasking ability; can effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision.
- Sound business judgment; takes initiative yet knows when it's necessary to escalate an issue based on the impact its outcome may have on the business.
- Strong business/financial acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator who is skilled in presenting to internal senior executives, as well as answering to external regulatory organizations.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Lead development and design for all Location Based Service and nodes including Gateway Mobile Location Center (GMLC), Wireless Emergency Altering (WEA) Systems, and their provisioning tools.
- Ensure all network platforms and services can provide Lawful Intercept in accordance with the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA).
- Lead the team accountable for interfacing with every Public Service Access Point (PSAP) to ensure sufficient capacity and performance for critical 911 services.
- Lead cross-functional teams to define, develop, and deploy Next Generation 911 services.
- Develop strategies and plans to reduce operating cost and drive service quality.
- Effectively develop and implement Operating and Capital budgets.
- Play the lead role in selecting vendors/partners and manage an annual budget.
- Own contract negotiations and ensure efficiency and profitability for the company.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top