Director, Emerging Products
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Director, Emerging Products will work closely with internal and external partners to deliver new products and services focusing on adjacent or emerging business areas. The ideal candidate will have extensive partner management skills as well as the ability to deliver fully realized products to market. Deep experience with the product development lifecycle is required as is subject knowledge of the mobile ecosystem and network technology. This role will interact at many different levels inside and outside of the organization so as to have strong executive presence and communication skills. The team will span many categories of work but the ideal leader will have a deep, proven expertise in at least one or more mobile or mobile adjacent product areas.
Inspiration comes from many places so they also need to be able to manage a pipeline of feedback that includes long and short term deliverables.
- 10+ years of progressively more responsible management & leadership roles within a Telecom Product
- Experience with embedded mobile software platforms, specifically Android, and iOS. Experience working with OEMs, OS providers and software companies required
- Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes
- Experience managing technology product strategy & large transformation programs
- Experience working with regulatory and industry-wide standards groups helpful
- Large scale Program & Budget management experience
- Solid communication skills and strong executive presence
- A strong passion for technology, especially mobile
- Ability to communicate effectively, internally, upward and cross functionally
- Ability to lead dynamic cross-functional organization (20+ FTE)
- Ability to represent T-Mobile at technology industry functions
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering
- MS or MBA Preferred
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Creative with the desire to challenge norms
- Ability to perform in an agile environment
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills. Ability to articulate all marketing initiatives
- Strong execution skills
- Ability to strategically influence content creation
- Ability to convey a clear course and sense of direction and understand the external/internal environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to make and clearly communicate decisions
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity, and lead in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Navigate in a multi-disciplinary corporate structure
- Analytical problem solver; applies multiple technical solutions to application operational problems
- Responsible for new product development and the development of product roadmaps in regards to emerging products and services that leverage our network. This will require building out new concepts for products, services and technical enablers.
- Management of cross-functional technical teams responsible for the development of customer facing applications or services accessible via devices and developed either internally or with a third party.
- Manage key department relationships within Product Development, Engineering, and Care. Ensure all needs are being met and that open lines of communication between departments are maintained.
- Deliver end-to-end technology roadmaps that influence the evolution of network services.
- Ability to lead with vision supported by user stories/use cases to help drive clarity.
- Delivery of product requirements to be used to drive the business requirements, which contain all aspects of the concept and the concept development.
- Lead a high performing team by coaching and challenging your team of professionals to maximize their strengths by providing opportunities for skill and career advancement.
- Success requires an in-depth knowledge of how to influence key decision makers for concept delivery and concept development.
- Develop and manage the process for coordination of cross-functional technology teams to evaluate business objectives that generate an aligned technical perspective.
- Coordinate & drive the creation of 18 month roadmaps for products & services to align technology and business. Lead team in roadmap analysis to identify enabling technologies, redundancies or gaps.
- Drive executive level communication of business plans to ensure technology teams are tightly coordinated with the enterprise.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top