Director, EIT Promotions
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Director, EIT Promotions will be responsible for building, leading and growing the Promotions Delivery Organization in IT. The Director will establish and drive a world class operations and development organization as they create the strategy and roadmap for the creation of Promotions capabilities focused on Prepaid and Postpaid for Consumer and Business accounts. S/he will manage and deliver a portfolio of projects and promotions core to driving subscriber acquisition, growth and retention. Responsible for driving continuous improvement in delivery of promotions, focused on customer and care experience, quality and time to market.
The selected candidate will have a service oriented mindset combined with deep experience in technology delivery, a history of strong relationship building with key stakeholders and business customers, and relevant technical experience in products, marketing, billing, and care applications. S/he will lead a collaborative team that can work across the organization to develop an effective, transparent, cohesive, and high quality process while aligning technology capability, continuous delivery strategy and business strategy.
The Director, IT Promotions will lead a team of more than 30 staff, of both managers and individual contributors. S/he will also be responsible for managing strategic partnerships and contracts with the company's technology vendors to balance costs while driving high quality and flawless execution of promotions.
- Strong leader holding multiple vendor relationships to high levels of quality development, including managed services.
- Experience managing interfacing functions in telecom including billing, care applications, and/or customer interaction tools.
- Familiar with Kanban, DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with multiple development methodologies including both Agile and Waterfall.
- Experience working in growth environments and a proven change agent.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a large and organizationally complex technology staff and collaborate productively with other parts of the organization.
- Strong skills in negotiating services and software agreements with software and service vendors.
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Service Oriented Mindset: Always working with the business to understand their needs and help them to creatively apply technology to exceed their expectations.
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonally and systemically, clearly articulating the direction and vision of organization.
- Strength in relationship building across business and organizational boundaries. Ability to build support at all levels.
- Impeccable personal integrity and business ethics, driven by high performance standards.
- Results oriented and does what is necessary to improve performance; balances the resources necessary to produce desired outcomes; tracks and monitors performance.
- High level of intelligence with a keen analytical mind and clear intellectual curiosity.
- Decisive leader who is able to move business forward quickly while balancing time, cost, and quality.
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment.
- Collaborative, yet influential; provide influence across the organization.
- Strong business acumen; incorporates overall objective in developing strategy and decisions.
- Leadership: Creates a vision for team and coaches them to excellence and to delivering with quality, consistency, timeliness, innovation, and strategic perspective.
- Develop strategy and roadmap for improving existing and driving new promotions capabilities for the organization.
- Define and drive continuous monitoring and improvement of processes for delivering high quality promotions.
- Partner closely with peers and stakeholders in business functions (care, marketing, and sales) to drive comprehensive solutions focused on customer experience.
- Represent promotions capabilities and customer experience in ideation and review sessions with senior levels of the organization.
- Partner internally with other EIT peers and teams to develop repeatable, high quality processes and solutions.
- Increase the speed and effectiveness of system changes allowing T-Mobile to make business adjustments more rapidly.
- Build, manage and motivate a high caliber, team-oriented organization that promotes excellence and rewards results.
- Ensure management and development teams are staffed with talent that is required to enhance existing systems as well as deliver new system functionality required by the business.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top